Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I sent my application in on August 22, 2006 by overnight mail. Check cashed on September 6, 2006, Permit no. 749** issued on September 7, 2006.

Good luck everyone.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Whoever gets sticker #75,000 ought to get a prize.....

Old 09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

Looks like my second check also got processed. They sent me out another pair.. THe number was 754XX so it looks either there are holes in the counting. So who knows how many more they have before they run out....

So the good news is 75000 is not the magic number

Old 09-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Enthusiast

I think we are seeing sticker numbers over 75K because some of the stickers have been issued as replacement for damaged ones.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting. Maybe they are accounting for duplicates, replacements, etc.

Lansing

Old 09-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Seems weird. 75K is 75K even if they have to reissue one's. Maybe Arnie snuck through the new bill and used the new "no hand held cell phones" law as a diversion.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Enthusiast

Got my stickers on Friday - Timeline listed below:

7/20/06 – Look at Civic at local dealer and get on waiting list
7/22/06 – Buy Civic

8/26/06 – Receive Pink Slip from DMV – Send application for Clean Air stickers

9/7/06 – Receive Plates

9/11/06 – DMV cashed check

9/15/06 – Receive Clean Air Stickers! HE 0755XX

Old 09-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SrfCity
Seems weird. 75K is 75K even if they have to reissue one's. Maybe Arnie snuck through the new bill and used the new "no hand held cell phones" law as a diversion.
I would assume because of the way the stickers are printed, it would be an extremely slow and costly process to request a previously issued number to be reprinted by the print company they use. They would have to set up the sticker templates (small and large) and load the rolls of stickers just for one set of stickers to be printed.

They probably had the printer originally print more than 75k (maybe 7-10% or 80,000 to 82,500) to have a reserve for lost, damaged, etc.. As replacement requests for both damaged and stolen come in, they reissue new numbers, not the original number.

Since they hit the 75k plateau, that is probably why people are still having their new applications processed even though they are over 75k.

Just my opinion.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Sticker's Left? Legislation Update?

Originally Posted by sixpak
I would assume because of the way the stickers are printed, it would be an extremely slow and costly process to request a previously issued number to be reprinted by the print company they use. They would have to set up the sticker templates (small and large) and load the rolls of stickers just for one set of stickers to be printed.

They probably had the printer originally print more than 75k (maybe 7-10% or 80,000 to 82,500) to have a reserve for lost, damaged, etc.. As replacement requests for both damaged and stolen come in, they reissue new numbers, not the original number.

Since they hit the 75k plateau, that is probably why people are still having their new applications processed even though they are over 75k.

Just my opinion.
Makes sense. There has to be an official count as to what stickers remain, though. Brother looking to buy, and the HOV access is obviously a nice incentive.

Anyone have updates on sticker count/remaining and/or the legislation?

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Enthusiast

I just received my stickers today. Number 76,8xx.

Purchased car on 8/12/06. Honda dealership must have sent in paper work for me as I had not yet applied for the stickers, nor have I received my plates yet.

However, my certificate did have my plate number on it. I'm assuming my plates will be in any day now.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands