Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I just might make it then. I have a similar timeline...although I sent mine in a few days after you.

Still crossing my fingers!!!

Old 09-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

It's hard to say what'll sway Arnie but heck, this is America and money talks Pssst, Honda and Toyota(and whomever else) how 'bout a few campaign funds for the Arnie reelection fund

After reading the article, frankly it seems like a stretch that they'd extend things. They've already met the goal of more Hybrids so why continue to clog carpool lanes and just extend the priveledge. Whatever, hope it passes

Old 09-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

The bill just came in perfect time ! I forgot to tell dealer to babysit through the license plate process, now I've to wait for it to come in to the mailbox. At least by the end of September. Hopefully by then either the bill is passed or there's still quota left... finger crossed as well...

Old 09-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Enthusiast

It would be a Good Idea to go to the Mercury News Article and VOTE for YES, that Hybrids SHOULD be able to USE Car Poole Lane to Help Sway Public Opinion! Maybe even 'Register' on their Forum to Make postive comments in favor of Hybrids use of DIAMONDLANES...So far the NO's are in Favor...

We need to Show Our Power and Influence thru the Written Word because there are plenty on the opposite side of the 'Coin' that really Hates Hybrids and their Privledge use of the Car Poole Lane! Atleast thats how I see it!

Last edited by pingpongdave; 09-09-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

I sent in my application for Clean Air Stickers to California DMV 5 weeks and 4 days ago. I finally received the sticker (#730xx). And the check was cashed only 5 days or so ago. Hmm...

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Way to go Shawn. That's 'double dipping' for you, huh, my friend? I had thoughts of doing the same! Good for you...

Lansing

Old 09-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pingpongdave
It would be a Good Idea to go to the Mercury News Article and VOTE for YES, that Hybrids SHOULD be able to USE Car Poole Lane to Help Sway Public Opinion! Maybe even 'Register' on their Forum to Make postive comments in favor of Hybrids use of DIAMONDLANES...So far the NO's are in Favor...

We need to Show Our Power and Influence thru the Written Word because there are plenty on the opposite side of the 'Coin' that really Hates Hybrids and their Privledge use of the Car Poole Lane! Atleast thats how I see it!
I do hope/wish that Arnie signs the bill to both increase stickers by 10,000 and extend to 2011 so that I continued my perk of driving solo in HOV lane.

If CA doesn't increase stickers (I already have mine), there's actually little logical reason to extend since the HOV access incentive for non-hybrid owners is gone, and HOV access is merely a perk for current hybrid owners.

After incentive has worked (more people owning hybrids, including me), then goal is about continuing to reduce emissions by reducing cars on road (preferably high emission cars), not extending a perk. This is unless of course hybrid owners start bailing back to gas guzzling cars which is me but I'm likely in the minority.

I can see (non-hybrid) car poolers complaining about single hybrid drivers (me) clogging up their lanes. For non car poolers stuck in regular lanes, it's a non-event since they're still stuck there.

Last edited by JayTea; 09-11-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

I got my Sticker today.... 74,9XX. Just got under the wire. As for extending the number by another 10K, hmmm I am not sure about but I sure would love to see the date increased.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WeeJavaDude
I got my Sticker today.... 74,9XX. Just got under the wire. As for extending the number by another 10K, hmmm I am not sure about but I sure would love to see the date increased.
When did you mail yours in?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dburanich
When did you mail yours in?
I actually sent in two. Glad I did because the first one was rejected because I made a minor mistake on the check and just bolded the mistake out and it was returned saying no errors on check allowed.

First was sent on Aug 7. 2nd was sent on Aug 21. I still have one in the system for sending a new check for the Aug 7th that was rejected.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands