Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default AB 2600

Take a few seconds to send the governor your vote to support AB 2600.

http://www.govmail.ca.gov/

Old 09-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: AB 2600

DONE!
Cool, Thanks Cyrus!

Old 09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: AB 2600

Thanks Cyrus. I've sent my two cents.

Anyone have links or updates as to bill's status and chances as well as current sticker #s?

Thanks,
Lansing

Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by sixpak
They probably had the printer originally print more than 75k (maybe 7-10% or 80,000 to 82,500) to have a reserve for lost, damaged, etc.. As replacement requests for both damaged and stolen come in, they reissue new numbers, not the original number.

Since they hit the 75k plateau, that is probably why people are still having their new applications processed even though they are over 75k.

Just my opinion.
It seems to me that the state is breaking its own law. The law says that no more than 75000 stickers shall be issued. The is no special provision for re-issues, accounting for vehicles that have been taken off the road (totalled) or out of state, or lost or damaged stickers (yeah, right).

I'd guess that they decided to keep issuing stickers without pause in anticipation of the new 85000 limit, even though technically they are breaking the law right now.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
I'd guess that they decided to keep issuing stickers without pause in anticipation of the new 85000 limit, even though technically they are breaking the law right now.
When we break the law, we get penalized. When the government breaks the law, it usually takes a major lawsuit to correct the problem. Who's going to sue over issuing more carpool stickers? No one. I wouldn't worry about it. Soon, everything will be a fuel efficient car and there'll be no more incentives when the norm is 35+ MPG. Then, the concessions will go to those new "breakthrough" vehciles that travel 100+ MPG. Shortly after that we'll probly have starting using transporter technology.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnb
When we break the law, we get penalized. When the government breaks the law, it usually takes a major lawsuit to correct the problem. Who's going to sue over issuing more carpool stickers? No one. I wouldn't worry about it. Soon, everything will be a fuel efficient car and there'll be no more incentives when the norm is 35+ MPG. Then, the concessions will go to those new "breakthrough" vehciles that travel 100+ MPG. Shortly after that we'll probly have starting using transporter technology.
I'm one of those benefiting from the original law. Selfishly, I'm against extending it, although not enough to go sue the government. Altruistically, I think the whole idea of carpool stickers for hybrids is stupid. It's a populistic law that provides an incentive for vehicles that don't need one, and once it reaches the limit either at 75000 or 85000 it will become completely counterproductive. The whole extension to 85000 and extension of sticker validity to 2011 is a populistic election year move.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast

Purchased car Aug 27

Sent paperwork with License # (from dealer - no plates yet) on 9/8

Received stickers today 9/28

Issue Date: 9/21/06 Sticker No. 77###

Note: I sent a money order for the fee (no check) and a nice letter asking them to expedite - not sure if this made a lick of difference, but I'm happy.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sketcher
Purchased car Aug 27

Sent paperwork with License # (from dealer - no plates yet) on 9/8

Received stickers today 9/28

Issue Date: 9/21/06 Sticker No. 77###

Note: I sent a money order for the fee (no check) and a nice letter asking them to expedite - not sure if this made a lick of difference, but I'm happy.
Welcome to the HOV lane club, my friend!

Lansing

Old 09-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
It seems to me that the state is breaking its own law. ...

this is interesting - check out the CA site re: stickers:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

says:
This page updated September 19, 2006
AB 2628, signed into law on September 23, 2004, allows single-occupant use of High Occupancy Vehicle (HOVs) lanes by up to 75,000 of the cleanest alternative fuel, hybrid, and full-electric vehicles. Use of these lanes with only one occupant requires an identification sticker issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

Soooo, my sticker was issued 9/21 at No. 77### - and the page was updated 9/19 and they still say 75,000. Hm.

Does anyone know if the numbers perhaps don't really mean the number of stickers issued?

cheers!

Old 09-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast

I don't know if this happened to anybody else...But I have been waiting for my stickers to arrive in the mail. I had sent my application in, along with $8 check. I even had the license plate written on it...even though I hadn't physically received it yet. I had gotten it from the DMV computers since I work in law enforcement.

Well, a couple days ago I got everything sent back to me! It had a note attached to it that stated that they needed a copy of my registration card! What is up with that??? I don't recall it saying anything about that on the DMV website. On the application there is my license plate and my VIN number...Geez!!! Get on the computer and confirm that it is registered to me. Argh!!!

Anyway, the same afternoon my plates arrived in the mail, so I copied the registration card and mailed it all back. I did notice that they date stamped my application, so I hope that helps if they begin to run out of stickers.

Guess I am back to crossing my fingers again!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands