Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Saving Gas a MUST
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by lamu9
I mailed my form and fee in the day after G.W. signed it. I received my stickers in the mail last week. They are hideously large and every time I see my car I feel i'm driving a 'special' bus. Quite embarrassing and ugly and bad for paint job.
I know, but it sure is nice to be able to use the carpool lane!!

Old 09-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast

The DMV cashed my check so I'm sure the decals are winging their way to me. Phew!
I read an article that said you could pick up the stickers at the DMV office on Hope Street in LA. Don't know how true it is, but I'm sure some anxious people might want to inquire about it.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Enthusiast

This morning was the first time that someone tried to tell me to get out of the carpool lane (by pointing me over). With a sweet sense of satisfaction, I just let him pass me (this was a place where the carpool was two lanes) and waved. Has anyone else gotten grief from other carpool drivers?

Old 09-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I called FasTrak this morning because everytime I use the carpool lane on the Bay Bridge, I don't get charged- when I can see the electronic readout, it says "PAID- $0.00" (didn't see it for awhile, I was going through too fast, but now I make it a point to look. . .)

This is with the new Hybrid transponder they gave me (the one with the green dot). I checked my account on the FasTrak website, and nothing has been noted except a balance being placed on it when I first got it. Looks like I haven't travelled over the bridge at all since I first used the carpool lane on 9/6.

The woman I spoke to at first was surprised, even upset. . .but after she spoke to her supervisor, told me (she was still a little concerned) 'he said it could take a while' to register.

Is this happening to everyone using FasTrak? I love using the carpool lane to get over the bridge, but I want to make sure I'm paying my toll. . .

Old 09-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wouldn't it be nice if they decided driving a hybrid meant no toll?

Old 09-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast

got mine today, i had no idea they we're going to be this big! looking forward to the carpool lanes as well when i have the opportunities.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Saving Gas a MUST

Originally Posted by grayhawk
This morning was the first time that someone tried to tell me to get out of the carpool lane (by pointing me over). With a sweet sense of satisfaction, I just let him pass me (this was a place where the carpool was two lanes) and waved. Has anyone else gotten grief from other carpool drivers?
No, Not at all...I think they are too busy trying to "race" to work in their "gas guzzling" vehicles!!

Old 09-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Saving Gas a MUST

Originally Posted by Schwa
Wouldn't it be nice if they decided driving a hybrid meant no toll?
yes...as a matter of fact the FasTrak in San Diego e-mailed me regarding the fact that since I have the stickers, I need to cover up my FasTrak module when I enter the HOV lanes so I won't be charged.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I just received my stickers yesterday and rode the HOV lane coming home. I was going around 68 - 70 mph but it just wasn't fast enough for this Hummer who rode right on my tail. He got out of the lane, roared off....and I passed him up a few minutes later, stuck to the right of the HOV lane. I slowed down to 60, waved and was still going faster than he was! It saved me 20 minutes off my commute.

I sent off for my decals on August 29th and my serial number is around 19,600 so it looks like nearly a third of the decals have been allocated.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

I recieved my stickers almost two weeks ago and was absolutely disgusted with the size, quantity and ugliness of what they are expecting me to put on my car....permanently mind you! They've been sitting in an envelope on my desk ever since.

I live in Santa Cruz and work in San Jose so I don't take the carpool everyday, but I do make trips up the peninsula quite a bit to visit friends. I love the magnet idea! I think what I am going to do is to put a "magnet sticker" on the right rear quarterpanel only. A police officer would never be able to see the left quarter, because the carpool lane is on the far left! I'll put another magnet on the rear hatch, above the Prius logo.
I will probably take them on and off as I need them as I'm sure they'd get stolen.

I'll let everyone know what happens if I get pulled over .

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands