Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

What about posting them on the windshield and the furthest rear passenger windows? Think that would suffice?

Putting them on the bumpers are just as bad as they are painted.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I'm the poster from the Bay area that has the stickers, but not the transponder yet (see my earlier note). I was going to stick them on this weekend and see if I got away with it on th Bay Bridge, but I'm told the hybrid transponder is a different color and didn't want to risk the fine. . .

but in the meantime, while I'm waiting. . .

I found this (see 5th item down):
http://www.kling.com/magnetsets.html
4 pages of .30 mil magnetic sheeting for $11.99. I figure all I'll need to do it cut out the outline of the sticker shape. The stickers do come with a certificate to keep with your registration, so if anyone steals them, I'm sure you can get them replaced. . .

I saw a silver Prius with the four stickers on this morning in Walnut Creek (I saw one other car in the Bay area last week with them on) and I tell you- they really do look ugly. The blue will at least match my car (the blue HCH) but with the silver- especially the bigger ones on the rear quarterpanels- it just looked pretty cheap.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I mailed my form and fee in the day after G.W. signed it. I received my stickers in the mail last week. They are hideously large and every time I see my car I feel i'm driving a 'special' bus. Quite embarrassing and ugly and bad for paint job.

Old 09-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

I envy you guys!

I sent my request in on 8/16 and have no response. I called and this time the DMV provided more information. I asked if it would be helpful to re-submit since they can't validate that they've received my request. Although they couldn't advise that I do that, they didn't say not to either. They said I could send it overnight or certified.

Well, $8 isn't going to kill me. In fact, I spent $13 to send it USPS overnight (even though it's a holiday weekend). This way I can make sure they have it.

Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys in the carpool lane soon!

Lansing

Old 09-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Enthusiast

This morning I used the carpool lane on the Bay Bridge for the first time!!!

I figure I must have saved around 30 minutes (no metering lights, even!) zipping through. I tried to see what the little electronic sign said as I beeped through the toll booth area with FasTrak, but. . . I was going too fast and missed it
What I didn't even think about until I was going through was I didn't have to deal with all the insanity. . . trying to change lanes, cars trying to cut you off at the last minute to get into a FasTrak lane, slow trucks, folks reading the paper or talking on the phone and slowing everything down even more. . .
It was great. The commute in was so much nicer!

Only one concern- the trip isn't showing up on the FasTrak website as having been taken (usually, with the old transponder in the regular lanes, it shows up immediately). Now, I made the special trip to the FasTrak office to get the right transponder, so I don't know what's up with that. I guess I'll call at the end of the week if it continues. . .

Old 09-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine without plates. I wrote "NEW" in the licensce plate # box.

I have affixed them to just the front and rear bumpers for now. Will keep the other two billboard sized ones handy in case of a pull-over or fix-it ticket.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast

I received mine today - I was really wishing I had them this morning as the traffic was bad and the carpool lane was zooming. I also have just placed them on the front and rear bumpers. My neighbor down the street is a CHP officer. I am going to try to catch up with him to see what they have been instructed to do (and what he would do) if he saw a hybrid without the side stickers. I'll let you all know what he says.

My other thougt was to tape them on the inside of the small side windows by the rear seats (the ones that don't go down) and see if that works.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Enthusiast

I happened to call the media line for the DMV. The gentleman there was very helpful and put me through to the processing department who confirmed that if you didn't have plates yet they would work off the VIN number. I was also told to get my appl. in quick! I sent my appl. in overnight on August 29th and my check still hasn't been cashed. I think I'm going to get them, but fingers are crossed.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Outlooking
I happened to call the media line for the DMV. The gentleman there was very helpful and put me through to the processing department who confirmed that if you didn't have plates yet they would work off the VIN number. I was also told to get my appl. in quick! I sent my appl. in overnight on August 29th and my check still hasn't been cashed. I think I'm going to get them, but fingers are crossed.
Good news.

I did receive my stickers after submitting on 8/16. I submitted a VIN only despite the ARB's insistence that a license plate # was required. Good thing the Auto Club was able and willing to confirm.

You should be okay. The DMV system is hokey, but they did manage to get me the stickers.

Good luck!

Old 09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Saving Gas a MUST

Originally Posted by Lansing
Good news.

I did receive my stickers after submitting on 8/16. I submitted a VIN only despite the ARB's insistence that a license plate # was required. Good thing the Auto Club was able and willing to confirm.

You should be okay. The DMV system is hokey, but they did manage to get me the stickers.

Good luck!
I have already received and added my stickers. It is so nice to just move on over to the carpool lane and take off!!

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands