Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I have a suspicion that AB 2600 will become law with or without the governor's signature. Lets assume for a minute that he vetoes the bill. All the legislators have to do is get a two thirds majority vote and it will override his veto and it becomes law. To this point the bill was passed by far more than the two thirds needed. What I do not know though is if they have to wait until he vetoes it and if they have to take another vote to override the veto or just use the original voting.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

just in:

Recently passed legislation, AB 2600, would increase the number of carpool decals available for qualified hybrid vehicles to 85,000. It would also extend the sunset date of the program by three years to 2011. This bill is somewhat controversial given the results of a California Department of Transportation report which found that some carpool lanes are becoming congested with hybrids, reducing the incentive to carpool. The Governor is expected to sign the bill.

see:http://go.ucsusa.org/hybridcenter/incentives.cfm

(this link has all kinds of incentives in all states - many free metered parking!)

cheers!

Old 09-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dburanich
I have a suspicion that AB 2600 will become law with or without the governor's signature. Lets assume for a minute that he vetoes the bill. All the legislators have to do is get a two thirds majority vote and it will override his veto and it becomes law. To this point the bill was passed by far more than the two thirds needed. What I do not know though is if they have to wait until he vetoes it and if they have to take another vote to override the veto or just use the original voting.
I don't think the The Governator has any intention of vetoing the bill. He's probably just waiting for the right election year photo op to sign it. If his pollsters tell him that it's not a popular measure among the general electorate, he'll wait till after the election to sign it. Meanwhile the DMV is front-running the law.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Enthusiast

of interest, this thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...atus.9934.html

Old 10-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

If you look on the CA DMV site under clean air stickers, it now states:

"How To Apply for Clean Air Vehicle Stickers
  1. Complete an Application for Clean Air Vehicle Stickers (REG 1000). The vehicle must have a permanent license plate assigned before a sticker can be issued."

Old 10-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SrfCity
If you look on the CA DMV site under clean air stickers, it now states:

"How To Apply for Clean Air Vehicle Stickers

1. Complete an Application for Clean Air Vehicle Stickers (REG 1000). The vehicle must have a permanent license plate assigned before a sticker can be issued."<

This explains why my application was returned. I even had the license plate written on it, but didn't physically have it yet. The note that came back said that they needed a copy of my registration.

So I guess with the new change...don't even bother sending anything in until you can provide a copy of your registration. In CA, the registration card comes along with you license plates in the mail.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by byebyegaspumps
This explains why my application was returned. I even had the license plate written on it, but didn't physically have it yet. The note that came back said that they needed a copy of my registration.

So I guess with the new change...don't even bother sending anything in until you can provide a copy of your registration. In CA, the registration card comes along with you license plates in the mail.
It might be worth it to call your dealer (who has a direct line to DMV), byebyegaspumps to see if they can help.

I sent my app for stickers without registration - the dealer told me what the license plate # was, I mailed it and 2 weeks later, I had my stickers. The plates only arrived 4 days before the stickers did.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast

Sketcher,

Nope, I am all done with it. Mailed it all back a couple of weeks ago. I also sent my application in way back with the license number on it. I even called the DMV and spoke to a lady about it. (The return had a direct telephone number) I was told that they are requiring copies of the vehicle registration now.

I am only waiting for the actual stickers now...should be here any day...

Old 10-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

bybyeg

aha!
yes, I should've read your whole thread. hope you get them soon. no doubt you'll get them soon.

cheers!

Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Enjoying my hybrid

I sent the form into DMV on 9/22, the check cashed 9/29, and I received my stickers 10/6. No registration card needed. I am #78,8xx and very happy!!

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands