Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by rongning
Got my carpool sticker yesterday, HE0583xx. However, my car is still in shop for power steering problem (I was informed that it has a defective control unit for power steering). I got my HCH at the end of March and applied for the stickers right away. The application was sent back for missing plate number. So glad that I finally got it!!
That sucks I was so excitied to get mine I sent the application without the plate number. It's been a month and I still don't have the plates. How long did it take to receive the sticker?

Last edited by birchman2; 05-31-2006 at 08:58 PM. Reason: add question
Old 06-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

You state good thru 2007, but from what I read there is a total limit that will be issued by the State....Do you think I will be able to get? Iam taking delivery in 10 days but if I have to wait for the plates that could take another 8 weeks..

Old 06-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

AAA offered no help at all. I contacted DMV and yes I have to go through the entire application process all over again!

A body shop offered to remove the stickers for me by heating up the back of the bumper to make the stickers easier to remove. I will try to remove them the day before I take it to the body shop. I am waiting 2 weeks until I finish my contract so that I can continue to drive in the HOV lane into downtown LA (45 min commute).

I am fine, my sister was fine, and the boys that hit me were fine. Maybe they learned a lesson and will stop racing?

My MPG dropped by 5 because of the extra piece of bumper sticking out causing drag. I will know for sure in a couple of days how it affected my mpg when I post my next fill up.

Maybe it's time I cancel AAA. They don't seem to help with much at all!

Originally Posted by Lansing
I feel you.
If you have AAA, give them a shout. Their DMV services area is sometimes very helpful and a big time saver.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chesleyn

My MPG dropped by 5 because of the extra piece of bumper sticking out causing drag. I will know for sure in a couple of days how it affected my mpg when I post my next fill up.
Unlikely. Maybe the crash knocked your wheels out of alignment.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chesleyn
AAA offered no help at all. I contacted DMV and yes I have to go through the entire application process all over again!

A body shop offered to remove the stickers for me by heating up the back of the bumper to make the stickers easier to remove. I will try to remove them the day before I take it to the body shop. I am waiting 2 weeks until I finish my contract so that I can continue to drive in the HOV lane into downtown LA (45 min commute).

I am fine, my sister was fine, and the boys that hit me were fine. Maybe they learned a lesson and will stop racing?

Maybe it's time I cancel AAA. They don't seem to help with much at all!
You know, I thought about this a little. When I went through my initial sticker dilemna knowing they were intransit, some people encouraged me to use the HOV lane. In this case, in the unlikely event you were pulled over, you do have bonafide access rights and could show the cop your sticker or document. I'd be in the HOV lane even if I didn't have one sticker because it was being replaced.

But that's just me... I am really spoiled driving in the carpool lane!!

Good luck.
Lansing

Old 06-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

I knew it did something; 48.1 mpg this tank

Originally Posted by ElanC
Unlikely. Maybe the crash knocked your wheels out of alignment.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Friend's thinking of buying a HCH in CA. Sticker # check. I'd like to figure out if the window for getting a car and sticker here in So Cal is still open! I sure love mine!!!

Thanks in advance,
Lansing

Old 06-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lansing
Friend's thinking of buying a HCH in CA. Sticker # check. I'd like to figure out if the window for getting a car and sticker here in So Cal is still open! I sure love mine!!!

Thanks in advance,
Lansing
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/14759490.htm
See the last two paragraphs of the story.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birchman2
That sucks I was so excitied to get mine I sent the application without the plate number. It's been a month and I still don't have the plates. How long did it take to receive the sticker?
Well a couple of days ago I received my application back stating that they needed a plate number. Five weeks past and I'm still waiting on a plate.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birchman2
Well a couple of days ago I received my application back stating that they needed a plate number. Five weeks past and I'm still waiting on a plate.
i just got my stickers today... # 613XX.. wrote check and sent on 5/16/06 without the plate numbers but still got it~! =) i guess i'm one of the lucky ones. Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands