Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Yeah, WHO do you know at the DMV !!!!????? Its been about 4 weeks since they cashed my check, and STILL no stickers. This sucks. I called the other week, and you have to wait up to 8 WEEKS AFTER they cash your check to call and have something done about it....

Old 03-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Momboy007
Wow All,

I bought my car used in January, sent in the $8.00 and had my sticker in 2 Weeks. Am I missing something here?
Also, can I drive in the FastTrax in Ca with the stickers?
My sticker is in the 48000 range
Thanks,
Rick
HOV lane: Yes. Fastrax: No.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

OH MY GOODNESS !!!! I FINALLY got my stickers....but it took some work:

BOTH checks were cashed, and I had NO STICKERS. So I called the DMV, then CARB, then the DMV Special Processing Unit, and I had to FAX in my ACTUAL CHECKS, front and back, so they could locate the money. So I did, they found one of them, expedited them, and sent them out. I got them today. My sticker is in the low 54,000 range. Still 21,000 left I see.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

I called the California DMV Special Processing Unit today...they told me it will take upto 12 weeks after they cash my check.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EKL
I called the California DMV Special Processing Unit today...they told me it will take upto 12 weeks after they cash my check.
Nonsense. They're just trying to keep you from calling again. Most people got their stickers within two weeks of having their checks cashed.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM

Who got a sticker recently?
What number did you get, and when did you get it?
When did you apply?

Old 04-11-2006, 07:51 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

I called DMV on Mar 22, they told me is OK to mail out my carpool lane stickers application without the licence plate number because all they care is the VIN number. Almost 3 weeks later, I got a letter from the Special Processing Unit of DMV rejecting the application and ask me to reapply once I have my licence plates! I saw people driving around town with the carpool lane stickers and without licence plates. So anyone know what is the rules?!?

Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Enthusiast
Default The rules are...

Originally Posted by EKL
I called DMV on Mar 22, they told me is OK to mail out my carpool lane stickers application without the licence plate number because all they care is the VIN number. Almost 3 weeks later, I got a letter from the Special Processing Unit of DMV rejecting the application and ask me to reapply once I have my licence plates! I saw people driving around town with the carpool lane stickers and without licence plates. So anyone know what is the rules?!?
There are no rules. This is the CA DMV, one of the most incompetent, bungling and completely idiotic government agencies in existance. I've talked to many people about this, some people got their stickers without providing a license plate number, others (like me) didn't. It appears to be up to the whim of the nimrod who happens to open your application. Maybe if their white-trash wife made a particularly disgusting breakfast and they're in a bad mood, you get a letter of rejection. Then again, maybe if they got lucky at the bar last night with the local $20 skank and have a smile on their face you'll get your stickers.

Point is, it's completely at whim because the DMV is completely ridiculous.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM

I'm trying to figure out when the stickers will be gone.
I have some data and will make some assumptions.
I'm selling my 04 with a sticker and I think its value will go up when the only way to get a sticker is to buy a used car with a sticker.

Someone said here they recieved sticker # 51595 on March 10th.
Then March 30 someone got one in the "Low 54,000s".

That's about 3000 stickers in 3 weeks, or 1000 per week.

They have 21,000 left to reach 75,000.

So someone will recieve # 75,000 in 21 weeks, or September 5th 2006.

Now if you figure it averages 6 weeks from the time you apply till you recieve the sticker that would mean you must apply for the sticker by 15 weeks (21-6) from today, or July 25th 2006.

If it averages 6 weeks to order a car you must order it within 9 weeks (15-6) , or by June 13th.

How realistic do these assumptions sound?

Last edited by kenny; 04-11-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:43 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: The rules are...

Agree. Maybe that's why in all the DMV office in Southern California have bulletproof glass at the counters!!!

Originally Posted by molex
There are no rules. This is the CA DMV, one of the most incompetent, bungling and completely idiotic government agencies in existance. I've talked to many people about this, some people got their stickers without providing a license plate number, others (like me) didn't. It appears to be up to the whim of the nimrod who happens to open your application. Maybe if their white-trash wife made a particularly disgusting breakfast and they're in a bad mood, you get a letter of rejection. Then again, maybe if they got lucky at the bar last night with the local $20 skank and have a smile on their face you'll get your stickers.

Point is, it's completely at whim because the DMV is completely ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands