Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by Cityscapex5
whoaaah....I just got my application and check sent back to me with the following note:

"WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCES YOUR CLEAN AIR DECAL UNTIL YOUR VEHICLE IS REGISTERED WITH DMV. PLEASE RESUBMIT".

I thought everyone was able to get their stickers with just the VIN # without waiting for the Registration to come back. That could be another month or so! Anyone else have this same experience or should i call them to see what's up?
Many of us have received stickers before the registration was complete, i.e. before we had a license plate number.

The only problem I can think of is that the DMV tried to process your request before the registration application from your dealer was processed. In other words, they didn't have your vehicle's VIN in their system yet. Or someone made a typo and the VINs didn't match between the two applications.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

well, the correct VIN number is on their rejection letter so they definately have the VIN...aargh! I wonder if this is a change in policy as i would imagine demand for HOV stickers are going up as new and older hybrid owner want them before the cutoff.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

the VIN should be registered with the DMV. The fact that you dont have the plates, that doesent means that the car is not registered. Looks like your car wasent registered or the VIN was erroneous... aka typo. nancy (the careless gov emplyee) is there, watching, taking care... did they cashed the check?

Old 03-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

The VIN on the rejection letter was correct and typed from their computer - they returned my check. I guess i will just have to wait until i get my plates.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Paul. you can submit if you are certain that your dealer had sent already the DMV paperwork. I cant understand how your CARB application hit DMV before you regular dealer registration... looks like nancy, the careless employee is not at DMV but at your honda dealer actually

how many days realtive the purchase did you sent the application?

Old 03-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ok, SCARY story !!!!

I went to a friend's house the other night (Thursday), I met him through school (Cal Poly Pomona) in LBSA (Latino Business Student Association) and he lives off Wheeler and Via Arroyo. So the NAV tells me his house is about 50 feet before where it actually is, and I park accordingly. Well, it so happens that TWO HOUSES away, there is an '06 Hybrid in MAGNETIC PEARL, JUST LIKE MINE, parked in front of a house !!!! And whats even MORE trippy is that the owner had their windows tinted the EXACT same way as mine !!!! 5% in the back, 15% in the front !!!! And they had the carpool lane sticker already !!!! Man, I thought I was looking at a reflection of my car for a minute. So I was going to approach the car just to see if it had NAV, cuz then I'd be jealous, but I didn't want to seem like a prowler, so I didn't. It was SO WEIRD that I almost parked RIGHT next to it without knowing it, and that the car is SO SIMILAR looking to mine. It crazy to know there is another Magnetic Pearl in La Verne. Didn't think that day would come anytime soon....

Old 03-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased a Honda GX on March 3rd and the salesperson said she would mail in the paperwork for the HOV stickers. I haven't received the HOV stickers or my plates as of today. She gave me a copy of the HOV application the same day...she told me not to worry about driving in the HOV lane without the stickers as long as I had a copy of the application in the glove box. So far, no one has stopped me.

PS: I live in the LA area!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I don't know if you should risk doing that....although you have a GX, so its a little easier to get away with. I've heard of people getting pulled over right by where I live (La Verne area) who HAD stickers....apparently the officers didn't know....

Old 03-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barry2557
I purchased a Honda GX on March 3rd and the salesperson said she would mail in the paperwork for the HOV stickers. I haven't received the HOV stickers or my plates as of today. She gave me a copy of the HOV application the same day...she told me not to worry about driving in the HOV lane without the stickers as long as I had a copy of the application in the glove box. So far, no one has stopped me.

PS: I live in the LA area!
You're playing Russian Roulette driving with no stickers.

Congrats on the GX. I thought about buying one before hybrids became eligible for the HOV lane. What king of gas mileage do you get? I know it's hard to compare to gasoline. Maybe you can tell us your gas cost per 100 miles. What's your actual range on a full tank?

Old 03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Enthusiast

Wow All,

I bought my car used in January, sent in the $8.00 and had my sticker in 2 Weeks. Am I missing something here?
Also, can I drive in the FastTrax in Ca with the stickers?
My sticker is in the 48000 range
Thanks,
Rick

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands