Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Hay Paul,
They will definatly pass the CHP eyeball test. They have a 1/8 inch white border around the sticker and the car is white so you dont know they are not stuck on the car. You cant tell they are stuck to the magnetic white plastic.
Like I said the bumpers are rubber so I just put them on the metal quarter and decklid.
They look great and the best part is I can take them off during the week and I dont look like some goofy nerd with those ugly stickers.
The DMV really blew it this time, the cops are trained to look at a plate and tell if it is from a trailer or car or truck, and they know at a glance what color reg. sticker is and all we need is a 1"X1" sticker to put on our rear plate.That would be nice.
Have a good one.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Any word on how or if stickers/hybrids are affecting HOV flow?

Originally Posted by ElanC
......I'm betting that it won't be extended because by then there will be many thousands of owners of hybrids newer than ours who will complain that it's unfair that they can't get stickers. And there will be so many hybrids altogether that they won't be able to give stickers to everyone.

Enjoy it while you can.
Only hybrids that meet the very specific emmisions and mileage requirements gain HOV lane access.

Most of the new hybrids are NOT being developed with sufficient emmission and/or mileage specifications to meet the requirements.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

this is true

Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NewExplorer
Only hybrids that meet the very specific emmisions and mileage requirements gain HOV lane access.

Most of the new hybrids are NOT being developed with sufficient emmission and/or mileage specifications to meet the requirements.
That's true, but it doesn't matter. California is issuing about 5000 stickers per month. At this rate the stickers will run out in June more or less. So starting in July there will be about 5000 new hybrids per month that would have been eligible for stickers but can't get them. By the beginning of 2008 there will be about 90,000 newer hybrids that would have liked to get stickers and couldn't. And there will be 75,000 hybrids driving with stickers in the carpool lane. Politically, it won't fly anymore when there are more hybrid owners pissed off for not getting stickers than happy hybrid owners with stickers. Not to speak of the millions of other drivers who would like to throw rotten eggs at every hybrid in the carpool lane.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

What do you mean it doesnt matter?

If they have to meet certain cryteria then they have to.

If they cant meet that then they don't.

If they don't then they dont get stickers and the privolage.

Period

so buy a HCH or a Prius and join in.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

STICKER SHOCK

The DMV is doing it again without thinking. Now the HOV lanes will get an increase in population and I have seen most car drivers aren’t going to settle for a Hybrid going 60 of slower- slowing down that lane. This thing can get out of control real easy. I have heard many people I know; exclaim they go in the car pool lane all the time regardless of how many people are in the car all the time. I see them cutting in and out anytime they want. Now limiting the amount of stickers is so wrong to do to the Hybrid owners and thoughtless. Its not fare to the car pool participants either,

And yes your right it might get to a point when you have to watch your back in the HOV lanes.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

grounded: man, you think like a Tacoma/Runner driver. I dont know... I wonder why did you get the "goofy nerd" car anyway?

Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

ElanC: they issue approx. 3k per week... thats about 600 a day. they should be at 65k now already. In a month, it's over

Old 03-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
That's true, but it doesn't matter. California is issuing about 5000 stickers per month. At this rate the stickers will run out in June more or less. So starting in July there will be about 5000 new hybrids per month that would have been eligible for stickers but can't get them. By the beginning of 2008 there will be about 90,000 newer hybrids that would have liked to get stickers and couldn't. And there will be 75,000 hybrids driving with stickers in the carpool lane. Politically, it won't fly anymore when there are more hybrid owners pissed off for not getting stickers than happy hybrid owners with stickers. Not to speak of the millions of other drivers who would like to throw rotten eggs at every hybrid in the carpool lane.
Whatever the rate, it is strange to image a time when I'm driving in the HOV lane and newer hybrids (i.e. HCHIIs are out in the general population). I love my access--I don't know if I could ever give it back. Given that, I wonder if there's an official stance, position, or other finding from the AQMD, DMV or other regulatory agency.

Although I love my access to the carpool lanes, the bureaucrats sometimes do things that are a little counter intuitive.

Any other findings??

Thanks all, and enjoy the ride!

Old 03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Masgian,
I wish I had never sold my Tacoma.
After I bought my HCH it was in the way. 4 cars is too many. Love 50 mpg!

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands