Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Don't shoot the messenger but, I just called to find out when I will be getting my HOV Stickers (because my check was cashed on January 6) and the lady told me 10 to 12 weeks from the date they cashed your check. I was in shock by this. She said that they are behind and trying to get them out as fast as possible. Oh by the way do not waste your time by calling the DMV. They gave me the number to who is actually in charge of the stickers....1-800-242-4450. I guess I will be looking for them in March.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:51 PM

I mailed mine in yesterday. I don't really care when I get them as long as I get them eventually; I'm just getting them while I can to help with the resale value of my car whenever I get rid of it. The program may be extended but who knows.

BTW, MagPearl, sometimes they deliberately overestimate to avoid customer complaints if they come in later than the estimate. My dealer told me 10-12 weeks for my vehicle registration to arrive though it actually took 5. For the HOV stickers, I would still expect them to take 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by CGameProgrammer; 01-09-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got my stickers today! Yipee!

Mailed the application and check on 12-09 and got the stickers on 01-09. Exactly one month. Not too bad by my book.

They cashed the check on 12-28.

Sticker number is 431xx

Ron in SoCal and legal in the carpool lane!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

Holy cow!! I can't believe that. This is turning into a huge nightmare. Between the dealer's incompetence and the DMV delays, I'm starting to be sorry I bought the car in the first place.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
Holy cow!! I can't believe that. This is turning into a huge nightmare. Between the dealer's incompetence and the DMV delays, I'm starting to be sorry I bought the car in the first place.
I sure know the feeling. Look at it this way...doing ANYTHING with the DMV is a potential diaster! They quote long times just to manage expectations. Hopefully your stuff will arrive soon.

My big concern was getting in before the stickers ran out. Good news is that it sounds like you've done that.

The HOV lane is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast

You're right about the DMV, and the last thing I want to do is get on someone's bad side there.

Good news today, though. My check cleared last night, so hopefully things are moving along and it won't be too much longer.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MagneticPearl06
Don't shoot the messenger but, I just called to find out when I will be getting my HOV Stickers (because my check was cashed on January 6) and the lady told me 10 to 12 weeks from the date they cashed your check. I was in shock by this. She said that they are behind and trying to get them out as fast as possible. Oh by the way do not waste your time by calling the DMV. They gave me the number to who is actually in charge of the stickers....1-800-242-4450. I guess I will be looking for them in March.
We just called and because the dealer miswrote the VIN number, we have to get new paperwork from FasTrak and wait for the DMV to REJECT our old application before we can file a new one. This keeps getting better and better..... In the mean time, I'm going to go head and do a new DMV form and mail it anyway. I just hate to get on the bottom of the stack not once, but twice!

Old 01-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MagneticPearl06
... the lady told me 10 to 12 weeks from the date they cashed your check. I was in shock by this. She said that they are behind and trying to get them out as fast as possible..
MagneticPearl, have you gotten your stickers yet? Has anyone else confirmed this? I called that number and was told the same thing, but when I told her that others have gotten them in just a few weeks, she said that couldn't be true and the 10-12 week timeframe has always been the case.

Susan

Old 01-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

Susan, I have not received the stickers yet and I don't think I am going to see them before the 10-12 weeks. If I do get them early, I will let you know.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
MagneticPearl, have you gotten your stickers yet? Has anyone else confirmed this? I called that number and was told the same thing, but when I told her that others have gotten them in just a few weeks, she said that couldn't be true and the 10-12 week timeframe has always been the case.

Susan
Well, I got mine in 3 weeks (mid-December), so it obviously hasn't always been the case. They could be backlogged further now though.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands