Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Thanks, I'm so relieved!

I overnighted the app on 12/16, and they received it on 12/17. The check was cashed this past Monday, 1/6. My stickers came with the certificate that I carry in the car, and the license plate field is blank. And the first two #s are 43xxx.

So actually, from the day I bought the car, it was 1 month and 1 day.

Hang in there. It's super frustrating, but the DMV came through for me.

Susan

Old 01-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
Thanks, I'm so relieved!

I overnighted the app on 12/16, and they received it on 12/17. The check was cashed this past Monday, 1/6. My stickers came with the certificate that I carry in the car, and the license plate field is blank. And the first two #s are 43xxx.

So actually, from the day I bought the car, it was 1 month and 1 day.

Hang in there. It's super frustrating, but the DMV came through for me.

Susan
So -- four weeks to the day.
Hey, at this rate I might end up being Lucky 50,000.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Enthusiast

How does one find out the CA HOV count. I am looking to by a HCH II with the largest benefit being HOV and gas mileage secondary.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 01-15-2006, 10:40 AM
enthusiast of some sort

Hello,
I believe there will be a spike this month due to the number of available HCH IIs on the road and the abundance of Prius owners who have postponed their purchase for 06.

Best of luck. I'm still waiting for mine.

Mike G.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast

I finally received my HOV stickers on Jan. 17th. I mailed them out on Dec. 19th, they cashed the check on Jan. 6th, and received them 11 days later. 29 total days from date of mailing them in. Not bad since DMV was telling me 10-12 weeks.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:31 AM

Anyone wanting HOV stickers in CA better HURRY - supply is running out !!

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_3419037

Yellow light for hybrids
By Lisa Mascaro, Staff Writer

If you've been thinking about buying a hybrid car so you can drive solo in California's car-pool lanes, this might be just the time to seal the deal.

The Department of Motor Vehicles reports the program is wildly popular, and officials are approving about 200 HOV access stickers a day. Once the state issues 50,000 decals - at the current rate, that could come in March - Caltrans will study whether the car-pool lanes have become too congested to allow access to any more solo drivers in hybrids.

If Caltrans' 90-day study determines that the car-pool lanes have become too crowded, it could shut down the program to new users as early as summer.

Hybrid owners who already have the bright yellow stickers are thrilled they got in on the perk before it slips away.

"It's probably shaved 15 to 20 minutes off of my commute, easily," said Doug Dearing, who drives 40 miles from Castaic to his job in Van Nuys. "I had been pretty excited about the prospect of getting that sticker right up front."

Since the program took effect last summer, the DMV has seen a brisk demand for the $8 decals needed to drive alone in the high-occupancy-vehicle lanes, which usually require at least two occupants.

As of Wednesday, the DMV had issued 42,657 stickers to California drivers.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've tried every avenue such as going in person to AAA and DMV to see if I could somehow speed up the paperwork and get the HOV stickers faster, but nope. AAA told me they will not register new cars, only the DMV. And having plates isn't really required to get the sticker, you can leave that box on the form blank. Also, the DMV doesn’t carry the HOV stickers at any offices, so forget about going in person, you must mail in the application. You can download a hardcopy of it at the DMV website (no option to submit it electronically).

Finally I admit being intrigued by the idea I read somewhere of protecting your paint job by applying the HOV stickers to those thin sheet magnets and then putting them on your bumpers only when commuting. Well I went around my car with a magnet and couldn't find any metal for it to stick to.....

Old 01-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Update on CA HOV stickers.

My wife did some investigative work and was able to find a number in Sacremento. THey cannot process or tell that they have rcvd an application, but they did say about 42,000 have been issued. Based on my search for a HCH, my guess is that there are only 200-400 hybrids at any given time available for sale. So based on this, folks have probably the better part of 2006 to get stickers (but no promises on this estimation).

Rick

Old 01-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Score... Just put mine on this morning. Kinda skirted the law by placing them as low on the bumpers as possible, as well as leaving the left-rear quarter panel sticker off...

Good times though.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by rcassoni
Update on CA HOV stickers.

My wife did some investigative work and was able to find a number in Sacremento. THey cannot process or tell that they have rcvd an application, but they did say about 42,000 have been issued. Based on my search for a HCH, my guess is that there are only 200-400 hybrids at any given time available for sale. So based on this, folks have probably the better part of 2006 to get stickers (but no promises on this estimation).

Rick
I don't know what the number of hybrids for sale has to do with it. Is the inventory turning over daily? Weekly? Based on recent sales figures there are about 500 HCH's and 2000 Priuses being sold country wide per week (10,000 per month). I have no idea how many of those are sold in California. 20%? 50%?

The DMV is issuing 1000 to 1300 stickers per week. If we are now at 42,000 there are 6 to 8 weeks to the 50,000 number where the DMV will reasses the program. If they take a whole 90 days for the reassessment, and continue issuing stickers in the mean time, another 13,000 to 17,000 stickers will be issued by the time they are done. So they will either stop issuing them at about 65,000 around the end of May, or they might keep going to the limit of 75,000 set in the original law, which should run out some time in July or August.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands