Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

That's silly. Why would the DMV cash the checks then issue refunds rather that returning the check with the rejection letters. The DMV person I spoke to said if your check is cashed, then you're going to get a sticker.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Enthusiast

the woman at the DMV line wasn't all that helpful when I talked to her. Maybe she told me the wrong thing just to get me off the phone. Atleast for her efforts, it worked. I hung up the phone an went into anxiety attacks for couple days until I got the stickers. To all of you out there that haven't heard back, good luck!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luddite
It took exactly 10days after DMV cashed the check.... but the HOV stickers finally came!!! I was really worried because when I talked to one of the DMV operators, the woman said they were cashing some checks so they can issue refunds for rejection.

I went as far as trying to obtain a set of HOV stickers that are deeded to another car but I can't find it anywhere on the web.....
Congrats on the stickers!

There's a post from another hybrid site where the applicant got his stickers after his app was received on 1/19 and check cashed on 1/30 (talk about barely squeaking by).

I've found that throughout the process of getting the stickers for both of my hybrids that quite a bit of the people in the industry (car salesman, sales manager, DMV people) know very little about the entire process. They only know about their little slice of the process. The ones at DMV who really know what's going on are not tasked with answering phones.

The most accurate information seems to be what we gather from other members who post their real world experience. Thi site is a wealth of information.

Last edited by hchprius; 02-03-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks! I haven't put them on yet, I'm waiting to wash my car first

As a backup plan, in case I didn't get the stickers, I was going to ask my neighbor to report their stickers damaged so i get an extra set of stickers from their Prius... the reality is that DMV/CHP don't really track the serial numbers of these stickers. or am I wrong?

Old 02-03-2007, 02:44 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

The stickers came with a registration paper with your car's VIN# and stickers # on it. Friend of my got a extra set of sticks and put it on his non-hybrid civic, got pull over and the CHP asked for the stickers registration! He end up with a $369 ticket!

Thanks! I haven't put them on yet, I'm waiting to wash my car first

As a backup plan, in case I didn't get the stickers, I was going to ask my neighbor to report their stickers damaged so i get an extra set of stickers from their Prius... the reality is that DMV/CHP don't really track the serial numbers of these stickers. or am I wrong?

Old 02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Buuuuuuuuut that was on a non-Hybrid Civic... that's kind of asking for it, putting hybrid stickers on a non-hybrid. The cop asked knowing there wouldn't be papers... putting them on a Prius probably would never even raise a bit of suspicion.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Enthusiast

Exactly.... that was my thinking too..... If a civic non hybrid owner bought the rear bumper spoiler lip and an OEM "hybrid" label". I don't think anyone would look at it twice with HOV stickers on it. No where in any DMV literature states that the HOV certificate that you get with your stickers has to be in your car at all time. Again, that was my desperate last attempt in case I didn't get the HOV stickers.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:01 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

The clean air sticker certificate state that "Pursuant to California Vehicle code section 5205.5(e), this certificate must be kept with your current vehicle registration card. Present to any peace officer upon demand." And min. fines for carpool lane is $271! Maybe cheaper to buy a used 06 HCH?!?
Hope you will get your stickers within one week otherwise the chances are very low.

Exactly.... that was my thinking too..... If a civic non hybrid owner bought the rear bumper spoiler lip and an OEM "hybrid" label". I don't think anyone would look at it twice with HOV stickers on it. No where in any DMV literature states that the HOV certificate that you get with your stickers has to be in your car at all time. Again, that was my desperate last attempt in case I didn't get the HOV stickers.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast

Los Angeles Times has an article on clean air stickers today 02/05/07 page B3, saying there is hope for additional stickers to be issued in the
future, "for those who missed out".

Old 02-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notez2id
Los Angeles Times has an article on clean air stickers today 02/05/07 page B3, saying there is hope for additional stickers to be issued in the
future, "for those who missed out".

Here's a link to the article

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands