Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Decals follow the car.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 AM

Yes, the decals belong to the car, not you. When you eventually sell the car, whoever gets it gets the decals. And your CA decals have no effect in New Mexico but they do anytime you stop by in California.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!
Thumbs down Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Bad news guys -

I sent in my paper work a week after I bought my used HCHI on 1/13 (so maybe the DMV had not registered the car to me yet) and the paper work was returned to me with my check. (They are asking for a copy of the hybrids registration)

So I will send it again, but it sucks. I still havent received my registration stuff from the DMV, and now its almost the end of the month. I probably wont get it - and I live in LA. I couldt need it anymore than I already do.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Enthusiast

stickers are all gone. called today at 3 pm and 157 were left, but a whole load of pending apps.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!

This sucks guys - man, I wish I bought a used HCH with stickers.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Enthusiast

Folks,

I bet they will release more stickers eventually, so don't stress about it.

Dobe

Old 01-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

FWIW I talked to the DMV yesterday (Sacramento) and no more were planned as in no legislation was being considered at this time to amend the law.

Does not mean it will never happen, buy I would not hold me breath. Still, send in your $$$ and application is it will be held first come first served and you will get your place in line.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Enthusiast

It's hard to say whether or not they'll release more stickers in the near future.

There are a few reasons why I think they won't release more:
- A major proponent of the stickers, Fran Pavley, wasn't re-elected.
- Initially only 50K were going to be released. Interest groups and politicians pushed for the additional 25K, and then another 10K, despite Caltrans concerns. I think there would be major concerns from Caltrans about releasing any more stickers if lanes are getting clogged with hybrids.
- The initial incentive to buy hybrids (HOV lane access) has fulfilled it's purpose by exposing the general public to hybrid tech on a massive scale (at least in CA). Now every carmaker wants in on the action. If more hybrids come out with even greater fuel savings than the Civic or Prius, even more hybrid customers would want access to the carpool lane. This would thereby negate the true purpose for the HOV lane, to reduce the number of cars (no matter what they are) on the road.

A couple of reasons I think they might release more:
- HOV lane is still undercapacity, Caltrans agrees, they shoot out another 10K to see what happens.
- Pressure from hybrid carmakers on politicians to release more stickers. Now that the sticker program is over, will there be a huge drop in Civic/Prius sales? If hybrid interest wanes due to reduced incentives (hov lane, tax rebates, low gas prices, etc.), politicians might want to re-initiate the incentives to continue the push for hybrid vehicles.

Only time will tell of course...

Old 01-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

Bought my Civic Hybrid on Dec 31st. Got my plate info from my retarded dealer on the 18th (don't get me started with them). Overnighted everything on the same day. My check just got cashed on 1/23!!!

All I have to do now to complete my civic hybrid experience is to get +50mpg for one tank! I'm averaging 40 right now....

Old 01-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by agreenwo
I left California for New Mexico so what happens to my old decals? By the way there are no car pool lanes that I know of in New Mexico.
Sounds like a good reason to sell the car in Cali, and buy a new car in NM. I bet you could just about sell the car for the same price you could buy a new one in NM for.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands