Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by ag4ever
Sounds like a good reason to sell the car in Cali, and buy a new car in NM. I bet you could just about sell the car for the same price you could buy a new one in NM for.
Especially with the stickers already on it. Maybe it'll be worth more than what you bought it for if they don't release more stickers!

Old 01-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, an increasing number of hybrid owners will be pouring into California stickerless and want that sticker - jealousy is a good political motivator. Write your Congressperson and Senators. Write lower level representatives, the recognition alone might motivate them.

Frankly I don't see that many hybrids in the Carpool lanes now that I have my sticker anyway - just yesterday I was driving on the 405 and a Prius with its stickers was in the fast lane next to me. Ahead and behind me were almost strictly SUVs - and not the sort that can be hybrids.

If anyone's worried about clogged Carpool lanes, they need to police them better first, before they worry about too many stickers.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luddite
Bought my Civic Hybrid on Dec 31st. Got my plate info from my retarded dealer on the 18th (don't get me started with them). Overnighted everything on the same day. My check just got cashed on 1/23!!!

All I have to do now to complete my civic hybrid experience is to get +50mpg for one tank! I'm averaging 40 right now....
luddite, I'm in the same boat as you. Bought my HCH on 12/31/06. We made it abundantly clear to the dealer how important it was for us to get our plate # as soon as possible. Apparently it wasn't real important to them because they didn't go to the DMV until 1/12/07 (our dealerships must go to the same customer service school). As soon as we got our plate # we overnighted the appication to DMV. Since it was MLK weekend they didn't receive it until 1/16. DMV cashed the check on 1/23. Waiting with fingers crossed...

Old 01-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast

I just went out to the mail box. Stickers have arrived!!!

Here's the timeline:

1/31/06 - Purchased HCHII
1/02/07 - Faxed in FastTrak application
1/11/07 - Received FastTrak transponder
1/12/07 - Received license plate #
1/13/07 - Overnight mailed HOV sticker application to DMV
1/16/07 - DMV received application
1/23/07 - Check cashed
1/24/07 - Received title (pink slip)
1/29/07 - Received stickers

Serial #HE0910XX

Good luck to those still waiting.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast

I'm still holding my breath... just got my pink slips today but no sign of stickers.

I'm still really angry at my dealer that sold me the car. They were the ones initially made me aware of urgency in terms of getting the applications out but they had absolutely no follow through.

Congradulations on your stickers!

Old 01-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luddite
I'm still holding my breath... just got my pink slips today but no sign of stickers.

I'm still really angry at my dealer that sold me the car. They were the ones initially made me aware of urgency in terms of getting the applications out but they had absolutely no follow through.

Congradulations on your stickers!
You can pretty much bet that if they cashed your check then they issued you the stickers. It's probably on a mail truck right now.

As for your dealer, I completely understand your frustration. I purchased my HCH from Capitol Honda in San Jose, CA. I had a very positive buying experience. The salesman was a great guy to deal with. The whole process from the moment I walked in the showroom to the time I drove out of the lot was probably no more then 2 hours. That's the fastest new car purchase I've ever had.

The problem was with the dealership group's accounting department. The owner, Penske, has several dealerships. They have only one person who goes to the DMV once a week. Their DMV day is every Friday. Because I paid with a check they had to wait until my check cleared before they issued a check to pay DMV for the registration fees. My check cleared on 1/3/07 and I faxed them a copy of the cancelled check. The gal who takes the paper work to the DMV stated that all she needed was the registration fee check from her accounting department. Well Friday 1/5 came and she didn't have the check. She said that my car would be getting registered the following Friday, 1/12. That's a whole week that I was pushed back. Had I gotten my plate # on 1/5, I would have driven to the FastTrak office in SF and sent that application in on 1/6. To her credit, she did call as soon as she got the license plate #.

It was frustrating because nobody knew who I could call to move things along. It seemed they bent over backwards until the sale closed. After that, it was on to the next victim. Obviously they knew HCH's should be priority over other cars because of the whole HOV sticker thing. The salesman mentioned it, the mgr completing the sales contract even put a big note on the sales contract to alert accounting.

Sorry for getting off topic. Your stickers are in the mail, have fun putting them on tomorrow.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Enthusiast

Hi there!

I got my hybrid stickers in the mail. I have a '07 and I bought my car last Nov. CA requires that u have a permanent license plate issued prior to applying for the stickers. If you live in the Bay Area, then you need to purchase a FastTrak special hybrid tag and then apply for the stickers.

The stickers are yellow but just think of how much time you will be saving with your commute time! I love passing by those lines of cars everyday!

Cheers
Bee

Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I know from dealer frustration on this subject! Back last January they were talking about how the stickers would run out before summer. I worked out a plan with the dealer where they'd submit the registration info before they actually had received it. They get an advance shipping notice about 10 days before arrival which identifies the VIN. I told them that I'd buy the car in advance, then once they had the VIN, they could submit for the plates. I bought the car in early March... but there were delays (and a family vacation) which delayed my delivery until April 5th. Unfortunately, the dealer goofed and forgot to submit the registration info. In essence, they took my money for an extra month and didn't do anything for it!

They sort-of made up for it though, as they managed to get hard plates for me just one day after delivery. Little did I know at the time that the program wouldn't run out of stickers for many months... or that it would be extended to add another 10,000.

The important thing is that I've got those ugly, but wonderful stickers now and it's a pleasure to pass the nasty traffic. I have no clue what I'm going to do in 2011 when the program ends. I guess I'll have to go out and buy a CNG or some other alternative fuel vehicle!

Old 01-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

If your checks cashed you good to go. Can take up to 10 days afterwards to receive.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

It took exactly 10days after DMV cashed the check.... but the HOV stickers finally came!!! I was really worried because when I talked to one of the DMV operators, the woman said they were cashing some checks so they can issue refunds for rejection.

I went as far as trying to obtain a set of HOV stickers that are deeded to another car but I can't find it anywhere on the web.....

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands