Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

You are getting all sorts of contradicting information because there doesn't seem to be a set way for the DMV to process these stickers. I thinkit is hit and miss, as far as which employee is working at the time your application comes in. Some people have sent them in without the plate numbers...and got their stickers, others have not.

I think I may have been the first one to have sent my application in, only to have it sent back to me stating that they need a copy of my registration. I was upset about this because I even had my license plate number and VIN listed on my application. Plus, there was no directions on the DMV website or on the form to include a copy of the registration. There might be such directions now. I haven't checked.

All in all, it took me a little over a month to get it all squared away...and I have had my stickers for about a week or so now.

I guess I can pass this on though. When they sent me my application back, they attached a letter which included their direct telephone number. I will note that there is a box marked "Other" that is checked. Next to it is states that they need a copy of my registration. So maybe this is something new that they are doing.

Anyway, here is the telephone number if you want to ask the CA DMV questions about the stickers. (916) 657-8035. I called them before and unlike most DMV telephone numbers, they answer it pretty quickly.

Good Luck

Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by califdude
Lansing,

Did you apply for the stickers without the license plates? I bought my car 2 weeks back and have not applied for the stickers.. Do you know of a faster way to expediate the process?

Thanks
Califdude...

Yes, I did apply for the stickers prior to getting license plates. I DID have to send the application in twice because the DMV processing is so 'hit and miss.' Funny thing is that they cashed my second check before they got to the first (I got anxious and resent via FedEx).

What I DID do on the second shot is to call and ask if a license # had been generated for my registration. I coaxed them into giving this to me and I included it on the second application.

Not sure if this was necessary, because I eventually received TWO sets of stickers!

Hope this helps. I know the wait can be agonizing, but the stickers and the car is well worth the wait!

Lansing

Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

ARB finally put 2007 HCH on the "official" list of approved vehicles for hov access.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

Old 11-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

I received my sticker today ! #815xx. It took 3 weeks to clear the check, and 1 week for the mail to come. It's still saying it expires on 1/1/08, but I guess all of you already known that it's gonna extent to 2011.

For other folks just do what DMV said, really there's no short cut to get the sticker. I applied after I got the plate in mail.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Enthusiast

If I were to buy an 2007 HCH today, Nov. 12, 2006, would I still be able to get the HOV sticker? From poit of purchase, how long does it take to receive stickers? I've read that the dealer can find license plate # before you receive plates? What is the best process to do this? The HOV sticker is the most important thing for me purchasing this car, so I want to make sure I cover all bases to optimze my chance of getting it. Thanks everyone.

Edit: FYI, I am located in Southern California

Last edited by xvanwilderx; 11-12-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

My dealer, in Monrovia, CA, was able to get my plates in 2 days from the day I bought the car - as soon as they had the plates they sent my application for the stickers. I think they send someone to the DMV on a regular basis. (I paid them an extra $8 for this service).

Not sure about the availability. I would like to assume (since I just recently applied) that if DMV was going to shut things off they would announce it loud & clear that they were taking no more applications. Since they haven't done that (see http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm), I am hopeful....BUT...... it is the DMV.....

Last edited by kpalmal; 11-12-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kpalmal
My dealer, in Monrovia, CA, was able to get my plates in 2 days from the day I bought the car - as soon as they had the plates they sent my application for the stickers. I think they send someone to the DMV on a regular basis. (I paid them an extra $8 for this service).

Not sure about the availability. I would like to assume (since I just recently applied) that if DMV was going to shut things off they would announce it loud & clear that they were taking no more applications. Since they haven't done that (see http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm), I am hopeful....BUT...... it is the DMV.....
Do you mean you got your plate #'s in 2 days? Because that would be perfect

Old 11-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Enthusiast

By the way, for those in a rush to find a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid in the SF Bay Area, I was checking them out at Berkeley Honda this weekend and they had ~3 on the lot (white, two gray metallics) and were totally willing to make a deal unlike many of the other SF Bay Honda dealers who are not willing to discount their hybrids because of the demand. Ask for Frank E.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

As soon as my check to the dealer cleared I sent them a copy of it (on a Thursday);

And, now that I think about it, they had my plates the next day (Friday). On that Friday they also sent off the DMV request for stickers. Since they mailed the plates to me I did not have them in hand until the following Tuesday. Still waiting on the stickers of course....

Since I was anxious about the stickers, too, it did do a bit to relive some of my angst! (and I did call them a coupla times to make sure they were on it....)

Old 11-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Enthusiast

I spoke to DMV supervisor in Sacramento on 10/31/06 and was advised that all of the 75,000 allotment of stickers are already issued. Anyone sending in an application will be on a waiting list for the next 10,000 stickers scheduled to be issued on 01/02/07. He said if your check gets deposited by DMV you are on the list and will be getting a sticker. Here is the phone number I called 916-657-6560. If anyone heard otherwise please post.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands