Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by kenny
When I got my stickers for the 04 HCH they came with a document I am supposed to carry in the car.
The license plate number is printed on this document.
What is printed on yours if you didn't have plates yet?
On my card, the space for 'Vehicle License No." is blank.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got my stickers 1 week before my plates - and my certificates did have my plate number on them.

Old 01-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lansing
Maybe try checking with the dealer to see when they submitted.
grrr, I guess I should have done this sooner. I just called my dealer and they are overnighting my paperwork TODAY. Does this mean the last 3 weeks are totally blown? Gah.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Razorx

I was waiting on my license plates as well. As soon as I saw this thread come up, I sent my form in yesterday.

If I get my license plates before my HOV sticker, I will then fill out the form again with the license plate number and send back in.

The HOV sticker also forced me to finally take time to get a CA drivers license. (transplant from TX)

Jesse

Old 01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
grrr, I guess I should have done this sooner. I just called my dealer and they are overnighting my paperwork TODAY. Does this mean the last 3 weeks are totally blown? Gah.
I know I went through a lot of teeth gnashing during the sticker application process. When the program was first started in August/September, I sent my paperwork in and there was the ability to call into the DMV.

At that time, they weren't able to continue the sticker process until my registration/license was in. My concern was that they might not be able to match up the apps but in the end, it did work out.

It is irritating to see hybrids speeding along in the HOV lane while your paperwork's in process. It won't be long, though...

Oh, and also, AAA actually had a representative (not the typical district office employee) who was in charge of the DMV relationship. She checked on the status for me. Maybe helpful if you have AAA membership and access.

Let us know how it goes!

Lansing

Old 01-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Enthusiast

I bought my HCH-06 on 11/18/2005, submitted my request to DMV about a week later, and received my stickers on 12/30/2005. Took about a month to process. My license plates arrived on 1/2/2006, after the dealer submitted the paperwork on the day I purchased the car.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dlingner
I bought my HCH-06 on 11/18/2005, submitted my request to DMV about a week later, and received my stickers on 12/30/2005. Took about a month to process. My license plates arrived on 1/2/2006, after the dealer submitted the paperwork on the day I purchased the car.
Can I ask what are the first three digits of your sticker? Thanks.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by darth
Can I ask what are the first three digits of your sticker? Thanks.
HE0

Old 01-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I've had a bit of drama with my DMV paperwork, but I did learn some things that may be useful to those who haven't yet purchased a car.

1. Dealers send in their DMV paperwork ranging from immediately to weeks later. Depends on several things, I'm told, such as: a) if you had a trade-in, as I did, they won't send in your new registration till they receive the pink slip on the trade-in; b) they may not send your paperwork in till the loan is confirmed and funded.

2. You can ask that your dealership send your paperwork in separately and not as part of their regular batch. They can flag your paperwork and ask that it be expedited. They can also call their CRC manager and give them a heads up that it's coming so that it won't take weeks and weeks. This is something that the salesperson should explicitly tell the business office to do, so make sure you tell your salesperson to DO THIS.

Hope that helps some of you, I'm still waiting b/c my dealership has terrible customer service.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

I am so MAD!! I just got a call from the dealer and they put down the WRONG VIN on all my contracts, and it took them a week to figure it out!! I already went and got my FasTrak and overnighted the stiker application on January 3rd. All I got was a "let's hope for the best" and "maybe they will figure it out". Not even a "sorry". You would think that such an easy sale for them, they would at least check that they have the correct VIN in the system. Now I have to go get new docs signed and do it all over again. A word of advice to everyone, before you leave the dealership, make sure that the number on the contract matchs exactly to the car you are driving off the lot. Thanks for letting me vent.....

Brian

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands