Who here has installed their own Step Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Who here has installed their own Step Bars?

My '07 FEH did not come with step bars and I need them for my young kids who are having a time climbing into the SUV.

The Ford site and brochure has step bars listed as accessories for the regular Escape, but says unavailable for the Hybrid. Why?

I've seen Hybrids here with them. We just had a thread where one of our Canadian brethren debated on making the dealer take off the step bars that were coming installed on his FEH.

I'd like to buy a set and install them myself, but don't want to spend the bucks if for some reason they actually wouldn't work with the "no drill" installation.

Who here has installed their own step bars? Did you use OEM bars, or buy a more reasonably priced set? Were there any problems with installation?

TIA for all advice and thoughts!

Old 09-01-2006, 04:37 PM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who here has installed their own Step Bars?

Hey, I second that question: I have two toddlers as well who would be benefiting from a step bar for my MMH, until they get taller.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I installed 3rd party running boards on my 05 FEH. All the holes in the frame rails where pre-threaded(with rubber caps in them)& lined up perfectly with the support brackets.

My 6 year old daughter has a MUCH easier time getting in & out of the back now.

~John

Old 09-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I installed 3rd party running boards on my 05 FEH. All the holes in the frame rails where pre-threaded(with rubber caps in them)& lined up perfectly with the support brackets.

My 6 year old daughter has a MUCH easier time getting in & out of the back now.

~John
That's GREAT to hear, John. My boys are 5 & 6 and have a time of it climbing in.