Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

From time to time my FEH locks itself. I have to be very careful to take the keys out of the car when I leave it or I run this risk. (Among our friends, and mostly in the mountains at our cabins, we like to leave our keys in the cars so that they can be moved around if necessary.)

I have even had the experience of sitting in the car, keys in hand and hearing all of the locks snap shut and a beep from the horn.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have a friend with a Honda CRV who also has the same problem from time to time, so it is probably not exclusive to the FEH.

Any elightenment would be appreciated.

aloha,
ellie

Old 06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
It is easy being green
Default Re: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

i havent had my car lock on its own, but when i do leave my keys in the car, i always roll the driver window down, just to be on the safe side, i had a friend who kept locking her keys in the car by accidentaly hitting the lock button when she would get out.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Enthusiast

If your key is in the ignition with the engine off, even if you try to lock the car with the lock button, the lock will automatically open to prevent you from lock yourself out. If you leave your keys in the cup holder or any other place inside the car and locked your car, you run out of luck!

Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by nightracerx
If your key is in the ignition with the engine off, even if you try to lock the car with the lock button, the lock will automatically open to prevent you from lock yourself out. If you leave your keys in the cup holder or any other place inside the car and locked your car, you run out of luck!
Not me. I have a keypad on my door. A feature from the '95 Explorer I loved so much and used so much I got it installed on my FEH. I use it quite a bit actually. And I like being able to say go to Blockbuster, park in EV, lock the doors, take the videos back, then return to my car, unlock, get in and drive away in EV mode.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:43 AM
It is easy being green

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Not me. I have a keypad on my door. A feature from the '95 Explorer I loved so much and used so much I got it installed on my FEH. I use it quite a bit actually. And I like being able to say go to Blockbuster, park in EV, lock the doors, take the videos back, then return to my car, unlock, get in and drive away in EV mode.
how much did it cost you to have it installed?

Old 06-22-2006, 03:35 AM
Enthusiast

You can get a keypad on eb*Y for around $20. Do a search on Ford keyless entry keypad. Comes with programing instructions and just sticks on.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brianva
You can get a keypad on eb*Y for around $20. Do a search on Ford keyless entry keypad. Comes with programing instructions and just sticks on.
Even though the 05-06 FEH will NOT be listed as correct applications, it works.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is it just with the key in and ignition off that it won't let you lock? I'll have to try this, as I've had the keys in, and driving, and used the second key fob to test pressing the lock, and it worked. Our older civic wouldn't do this.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime

I think your ignition is at "on" position since you mentioned EV mode. If you leave it in off or accessory position the unlock feature should work. At on position you can lock your door anytime.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

I have even had the experience of sitting in the car, keys in hand and hearing all of the locks snap shut and a beep from the horn.

Sounds like a wiring problem, unless it's a timer feature. Does it always heppen? I would have the dealer look at it next time you head in.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get locked out of your FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands