2007 FEH step bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 FEH step bars

I would love to get an answer as to why the Ford accessory book states that the step bars are not for the FEH. The holes are in the frame and there is nothing running along the frame in that vicinity. No power or gas lines or A/C. Anyone with a 2007 FEH that has made the purchase please share the info. I want to but the steps I just would like more info.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 FEH step bars

They say the same thing about the 2006.... and yet I have a 2006 and there is something strange hanging from the sides of my vehicle that looks EXACTLY like the OEM step bars...

I ordered them from ford and installed them myself and encountered no problems in doing so.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Enthusiast

I have the 2007 FEH and the dealer suggested and installed the step bars. There was never any indication that it wasn't available for the FEH. It wasn't until after I bought the vehicle and started looking at aftermarket add-ons that I saw the step bars supposedly weren't available for the FEH. Mine are the chrome ones, though I got those by dealer's mistake. I paid for the plain black ones and they ordered the more expensive chrome ones. Being the nice guys that they are, they let me keep them for the same price.

I wonder why the keyless entry says not for FEH?

Russ

Old 11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Enthusiast

I guess it is time to order and install a set. I would still like to hear from someone at Ford what the heck they are talking about. I guess if they cannot get the right part number for the cabin air filter how can they get the step bars right?

Old 11-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

When I asked my local dealer the guy said that the mounting brackets would only be an inch or two from one of the high voltage lines from the battery so this was a potential safety concern. I have not yet crawled under the car to confirm this myself.

Dave

Old 11-13-2006, 12:57 PM

I just thought I would mention, that from the pics I have seen, Ford is putting the step bars on the NYC taxi versions.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Enthusiast

I have already ordered a set. The high voltage lines run along the passenger side of the car. I looked under the car and they take a detour away from the actual mounting holes. There are strange things in the catalog that are not available for the FEH. The rear view mirror with the compass is also not available. I don't understand their logic.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by dkostin
When I asked my local dealer the guy said that the mounting brackets would only be an inch or two from one of the high voltage lines from the battery so this was a potential safety concern. I have not yet crawled under the car to confirm this myself.

Dave
Since neither the mounting holes nor the lines are going to move in normal operation, this would seem to only be a concern in an accident where you get T-boned. And frankly... isn't the inertial switch supposed to take care of that concern?

Old 11-14-2006, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bosh
The rear view mirror with the compass is also not available. I don't understand their logic.
Because there is a compass in the Nav radio, and it might be illegal to have two compasses in a car.

The same sort of reasoning that makes Ford disable several of the Message Center's readouts, when you have the Nav radio. You can't have two mpg readouts either. Though, since we have the Message Center anyway, it would be nice to be able still get its mpg readout when the Nav system is, well, busy navigating.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Because there is a compass in the Nav radio, and it might be illegal to have two compasses in a car.

The same sort of reasoning that makes Ford disable several of the Message Center's readouts, when you have the Nav radio. You can't have two mpg readouts either. Though, since we have the Message Center anyway, it would be nice to be able still get its mpg readout when the Nav system is, well, busy navigating.
Of course with the MPG readout... if it was in two places you'd have to sychronize them precisely becuase if one was 0.2MPG different from the other you'd have hundreds of customers insisting that there was something wrong with the car that needed immediate fixing. Actually....I'll make an even bet thats EXACTLY why they disable the other display.