HV Battery Jump

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 06:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery Jump

Originally Posted by HCD
Hi I was wondering if you can tell me does the orange switch/round plug need to be installed in the locked run position while charging the HV Battery?

Yes, it does.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:37 AM
HCD
Enthusiast

I would like to Thank everyone that has posted in this thread I used everyone’s knowledge to fix my Escape I installed a pigtail for future problems and built a charger using a Mean Well HLG-120H-C350A led power supply with a repurposed power cord from a computer a 30amp fuse on the battery pigtail and a few XT90 Lipo Battery connectors the battery only had 180V I charged it for 4hrs and then checked the HV Battery it now has 342.4.
Then after 8 months or more of owning this Vehicle I hit the ignition switch and nothing 😒.
I forgot to reinstall the High Voltage Service Disconnect 🤦‍♂️. Reinstalled and then 🎆🎇 we have lift off 🖌.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:50 AM

Great news, HCD.

Old 10-16-2022, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by HCD
Hi I was wondering if you can tell me does the orange switch/round plug need to be installed in the locked run position while charging the HV Battery?

It's been a long time since I touched one, but if memory serves, the circuit is complete if the plug is installed either in the topmost (locked) or middle position. The circuit is only broken when the plug is removed and left out or rotated CCW into the 3rd position.

The turning from the locked position to the next CCW position opens the interlock circuit to tell the car that the plug is not installed, but the circuit is not yet broken until the plug is actually removed.

Old 12-03-2022, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

11 Escape hybrid similar issues. I did not read your post before I recharged the hybrid battery. I have to charge 1 side of the battery at a time. My charger only puts out 285 volts. After charging both sides I had 349v. Most of the codes cleared. I have Forscan and Thinkdiag. It shows the battery has 349v and is charged, but it also says it's not ready. I have a P1A10 Hybrid Powertrain Control module- Battery Prohibited code still showing. I am not a novice or an expert. I have done this many many times without any issues. This started out with a bad key, pats code and dead battery. I had new keys made up, cleared the pats, When I still had the same problem I called a locksmith and he verified it was cleared. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Last edited by bobp; 12-03-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 01:22 PM

DEL_MOD_V value?

Old 12-04-2022, 06:26 AM
Enthusiast

I have recharged both Escape and Mariner Hybrid Batteries successfully many many times with no issues. This time I have a code issue P1AI0. I can't clear the code. I have both Forscan ,Thinkdiag, The charge on the battery is 349v. Can anyone help me?

Old 12-30-2022, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast

I have a quick question
currently own a 05 escape hybrid and in the market for a 2nd gen escape hybrid. I found a 09 FEH but the HV battery is dead, could i swap the batteries between cars to charge it using the 05 FEH built in hybrid batteri jumper?

Thanks in advance

Old 12-30-2022, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ricmigl
I have a quick question
currently own a 05 escape hybrid and in the market for a 2nd gen escape hybrid. I found a 09 FEH but the HV battery is dead, could i swap the batteries between cars to charge it using the 05 FEH built in hybrid batteri jumper?

Thanks in advance

No, the "jump starter," it's circuitry and connector were omitted from the '09-12 FEH HVTBs altogether.

Last edited by GatorJ; 12-30-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:38 PM

To clarify, the jump starter itself is INSIDE the 05-08 battery. If you swap the batteries, the jump starter will be sitting on the bench in the other battery.

Quick Reply: HV Battery Jump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands