HV Battery Jump

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 04:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery Jump

I watched that last night, have no ingress that I can see but I will re-seat both the big cable to the PCM, and the HV side. I lifted up the battery and slid it over slightly to get the LH screw out. Maybe its not 100% now. Plus that HV coupler thing had screws missing, as are the ones at the back which hold the battery to the car (and are a ground).

Also no way in hell am I putting in the 4 side screws, did everyone else here do that? I'd rather keep the easy access.

Since it's leakage, could it be induction from the charger wiring? It's also not a "fault", just something with the circuit since it still drives and no pull over now message. Besides the compression, a bulb style block checker is in my future. Mek / regular cooling are completely separate systems, are they not? If it's good at least I'll know it's worth putting money in the car. Noticed rear shocks bump hard and bounce too much so that's gonna need changing too. At least I don't have to replace the entire front suspension like my last car.

Sorta mad at the person who took a pristine car from the power company and ruined it over the 5k miles they drove it.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I never install the two cap screws towards the front on the side.

I install the larger bolts that hold on the lifting straps...just snug with some vise grips.

It's important to distinguish between P0AA6 and P0AA7.

P0AA6 is an isolation fault where you have high voltage where you shouldn't, typically due to a physical leak of electrolyte from the cells that manage to make a path to ground - very hard to accomplish in this battery.

P0AA7 is a bad signal on the sensor that detects an isolation fault.

Can't imagine your harness is in play unless you grounded it, and that would produce a P0AA6 unless you damaged the computer and now get P0AA7.

I don't have access to the specific DTC troubleshooting, but my feeble brain has a vague recollection replacing the computer in the battery may be a solution. Also worth re-seating all connectors.

Last edited by S Keith; 05-12-2021 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by S Keith
I never install the two cap screws towards the front on the side.

I install the larger bolts that hold on the lifting straps...just snug with some vise grips.

It's important to distinguish between P0AA6 and P0AA7.

P0AA6 is an isolation fault where you have high voltage where you shouldn't, typically due to a physical leak of electrolyte from the cells that manage to make a path to ground - very hard to accomplish in this battery.

P0AA7 is a bad signal on the sensor that detects an isolation fault.

Can't imagine your harness is in play unless you grounded it, and that would produce a P0AA6 unless you damaged the computer and now get P0AA7.

I don't have access to the specific DTC troubleshooting, but my feeble brain has a vague recollection replacing the computer in the battery may be a solution. Also worth re-seating all connectors.
Does anyone know of any updates to the Battery Control Module that would impact the P0AA7 trouble code and attendant wrench light? I know the wiring harness TSB involved not only replacing the harness, but updating the BCM as well. My 09 drives/functions perfectly but for that code and light. I have the charging cable installed. Is there a way just to command the light off? If that sensor fault is having any other impact other than the code and light, I certainly can't tell,

Old 05-12-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Does anyone know of any updates to the Battery Control Module that would impact the P0AA7 trouble code and attendant wrench light? I know the wiring harness TSB involved not only replacing the harness, but updating the BCM as well. My 09 drives/functions perfectly but for that code and light. I have the charging cable installed. Is there a way just to command the light off? If that sensor fault is having any other impact other than the code and light, I certainly can't tell,
That TSB didn't apply beyond 2007MY.

Aside from double checking all connections and clearing the code, there's no way to make it permanently go away. You're trying to tell the OBDII system to not do its thing.

The only issue I see is that if you actually have a P0AA6, you won't sense it.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:11 PM

I reseated but it came back. Computer was unplugged when I was installing the wires. Others here have said that they tried swapping the BCM from known good and got the code anyway.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ShadyEscape
I reseated but it came back. Computer was unplugged when I was installing the wires. Others here have said that they tried swapping the BCM from known good and got the code anyway.
With no reports of driveability issues. Interesting.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:45 PM

To tell the truth the driveability was only tested around the block still. I did get up past 40 but no new codes/stop soon/etc. I also get a PCM disconnected error that I can't clear. I think one on PCM and one on the cluster module.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:25 PM

If anyone subscribed to this thread finds it useful and believes it's warranted, please report it and request that it be a sticky. I'm the dang author, and I have trouble finding it when I need to refer to it.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by S Keith
If anyone subscribed to this thread finds it useful and believes it's warranted, please report it and request that it be a sticky. I'm the dang author, and I have trouble finding it when I need to refer to it.
Done....gladly.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Guys … Im trying to charge my hybrid battery now… the initial reading is 253 v and after 30 mins the reading is 340 v.. Then I stopped charger and checked the voltage after few mins.. The voltage dropped to 334 V.

what should I do now? shall I charge it for 4 hours ? Or charge untill 353 V ?

please suggest me

thanks

Quick Reply: HV Battery Jump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands