HV Battery Jump

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2022, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery Jump

Originally Posted by GatorJ
...but I would remove it's fuse. I would also remove the data cable that bolts onto the front driver's side edge of the HVTB.
2 questions:
1) Where is the fuse? Can't seem to find it.
2) The procedure for removing the data cable? I tried loosening the bolt, then it just seamed the whole plug assembly was coming out (not unplugging as in a normal plug).

Thanks.

Patrick

Old 07-18-2022, 06:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by panamapat
2 questions:
1) Where is the fuse? Can't seem to find it.
2) The procedure for removing the data cable? I tried loosening the bolt, then it just seamed the whole plug assembly was coming out (not unplugging as in a normal plug).

Thanks.

Patrick
1. On passenger side of HVTB, closer to rear hatch. Round, orange...can't miss it.

2. Make sure you have completely loosened the bolt and pull it off.

Last edited by GatorJ; 07-18-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Enthusiast

Followed the instructions and they worked perfectly, reviving my 09 FEH after a 8 month intermission. Thanks so much for documenting this, Ford really engineers the best handicaps into their cars…

I am curious about one thing though, as getting the cover and relay off were a challenge to do alone - would it be possible to somehow use the HV fuse/safety plug contacts as a charging terminal, instead of having to wire into the relay? If so it would make this process much simpler

Last edited by hammer5; 08-07-2022 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:18 AM

No. There is always 0V potential across the safety plug terminals/fuse. If full pack voltage could be had at the safety plug, there wouldn't be any point in having a safety plug.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:49 AM
FEH owner

I have been reading this thread with great interest. I happens that I'm working on a 2010 FEH that won't start and shows "Stop Safely Now". The car is has been sitting for two years since the problem first occurred and both a local mechanic and the dealer have taken a crack at getting the car started. The dealer said that the problem was either a bad hybrid battery ($6000 to replace) or a bad transmission control module (also $6000 to replace). The local mechanic tried to charge the battery because the scan showed 0 Soc. , but I'm skeptical of the technique used because over period of a week I kept calling him and he kept telling me that the battery was on the charger and the Soc was gradually coming up. He was unable to get the car running. So I decided the battery was suspect even though Forscan shows 314V. I have installed leads to the interlock relay as shown by SKeith (Thank you very much Steve. You are my hybrid battery mentor) and I have verified batter voltage at 314V. Let me add the codes that I'm getting:
a) P1A10 Disable HV battery
b) P1A14 Disable transmission
c) P0A0A High Voltage system Interlock Circuit
d) B2141 Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) configuration failure — No PCM ID stored in PATS
I'm thinking that the PCM is disabling the HV battery and the transmission, and it is doing it by keeping the high voltage interlock circuit open Is the 314V reading low enough to cause the PCM to keep interlock relay open or is it more likely that the memory configuration code is causing PCM to keep relay open? Is there any point in charging HV battery?

Old 08-23-2022, 10:07 AM

Legit battery voltage at 314V should be high enough for start.

P0A0A - isn't that the safety plug, or is that P0A0D (going off memory and likely getting cars mixed up)? Confirm resistance between pins? Interlock fuse blown?

Rodents nibbled on wires somewhere?

Old 08-23-2022, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by S Keith
Legit battery voltage at 314V should be high enough for start.

P0A0A - isn't that the safety plug, or is that P0A0D (going off memory and likely getting cars mixed up)? Confirm resistance between pins? Interlock fuse blown?

Rodents nibbled on wires somewhere?
Yes, the service plug not being properly inserted is one of the causes for that code.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:23 AM
FEH owner

Thanks for quick feedback. I read 0 Volts on my two leads for charging HV battery until I put in the safety plug at which point I read 314V so fuse must be okay. I'll look for rodent nibbles since that is a problem that I have had. I also think there might be a problem with communication between PATS and PCM since Forscan shows "No PCM ID known to PATS". Any thoughts? I guess there's no need to charge HV battery. Note also, that the interlock relay does not "click" when I turn on ignition like it does in my ofther FEHs.

Old 08-23-2022, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by lswift
Thanks for quick feedback. I read 0 Volts on my two leads for charging HV battery until I put in the safety plug at which point I read 314V so fuse must be okay. I'll look for rodent nibbles since that is a problem that I have had. I also think there might be a problem with communication between PATS and PCM since Forscan shows "No PCM ID known to PATS". Any thoughts? I guess there's no need to charge HV battery. Note also, that the interlock relay does not "click" when I turn on ignition like it does in my ofther FEHs.
Clear all codes prior to trying to start the car. Is your 12v battery in very good condition and fully charged? Do you have more than one programmed key to use?

Old 08-23-2022, 01:38 PM
FEH owner

Forscan reading after clearing codes
The 12V battery is good (new from dealer) and IC module shows two keys programmed.

Quick Reply: HV Battery Jump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands