What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by hybrid_dsl
It's not the same as it advances between stations based on a fixed delay. So maybe this isn't the worst thing about the car, but I'd have to say the radio would be it.
Well, then I suggest you just turn the TUNING ****.
J

Old 08-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Well, then I suggest you just turn the TUNING ****.
J
Not quite the same; the hold seek feature is something that's existed on every car radio I had before. But hey, now that I've actually programmed in the all the stations, it doesn't matter anymore.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
Hummm, I have auto down, but not auto up
Sorry, my TCH only has auto down, I was thinking of my other car, the XLE.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by dannygee
Sorry, my TCH only has auto down, I was thinking of my other car, the XLE.
In addition to a TCH I have an '07 XLE and miss "auto up". I also miss the fog lamps.
J

Old 08-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Enthusiast

I miss Auto Up as well.

I would also like to get the wood trim from XLE.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm hoping that demand for a main stream Hybrid eventualls wakes them up to offer various trim levels, I woudl love to see the TCH and then the TCH-XLE. I'm wondering in the end if there is really going to be a need for the ICE only XLE, if you are paying upwards of $30K why would you not want the extra power of the Hybrid. Other than the loss of trunk space you really are not giving much up. I woudl love to see a Hybrid Avalon as well.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by kluken
I'm hoping that demand for a main stream Hybrid eventualls wakes them up to offer various trim levels, I woudl love to see the TCH and then the TCH-XLE. I'm wondering in the end if there is really going to be a need for the ICE only XLE, if you are paying upwards of $30K why would you not want the extra power of the Hybrid. Other than the loss of trunk space you really are not giving much up. I woudl love to see a Hybrid Avalon as well.
The loss of trunk space is substantial. The XLE-V6 is more powerful than the TCH and it's highway mileage approaches that of the TCH as well. The TCH does better in the city whereas the XLE-V6 does much better on the highway and with the added power is really a better road machine when compared to the TCH.
J

Old 08-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
The loss of trunk space is substantial. The XLE-V6 is more powerful than the TCH and it's highway mileage approaches that of the TCH as well. The TCH does better in the city whereas the XLE-V6 does much better on the highway and with the added power is really a better road machine when compared to the TCH.
J
I was referring to the I4 XLE. And I know the V6 gets decent MPG, but no way it gets mid-30's around town, on its best day it proabbly does that on the highway. I have owned V6's from Infiniti, Toyota, and Acura and if you drive them normal you are lucky to get low to mid 20's around town and around 30 on highway, not to mention most require or request Premium for optimal performance. What Toyota needs is a 2.8-3.0L 190hp V6 with a decent HSD to give you say upper 20's low 30's around town and upper 30's on hwy put that in a Camry Hybrid and/or Avalon and they will have a real hit!

Old 08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
WVGasGuy

whereas the XLE-V6 does much better on the highway and with the added power is really a better road machine when compared to the TCH.

Better at what? I can see added power as a benefit in the city for pulling away from trafic, but once on the highway the TCH has no problem getting from 55 to 80+ if you want to drive it that way. Additionally I can't see the V6 approaching 40 mpg on the highway.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I'm getting 35 hwy on my XLE-V6 and low 20's city.
Near 40 city and near 40 hwy on my TCH.
J

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands