Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Some one has auto UP?

Old 08-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jbollt
Some one has auto UP?
Auto DOWN as in auto open yes but auto UP as in auto close no. The XLE is listed as auto open/close with obstruction sensing (so something similar) but the TCH is listed only as auto open.
J

Old 08-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

No TCH here yet, so I can't speak from experience, but I'm looking forward to being keyless because over my many years of driving, keys have been a royal pain. I've locked them inside of cars. I've dropped the keys and broken the fob. Getting good copies is not guaranteed. Once, after some serious maintenance, I ended up needing two different keys for my Corolla - one for the door and one for ignition. I know that can be fixed, but heck with it.

The remote for my future TCH (wherever that car may be right now - hopefully not still sideways off Alaska) will always be in my pocket, nice and safe ... that's the plan, anyway.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donald_s
Too many electronics, but especially the electronic key......As compared to a simple metallic key that never fails. Bad design.
I respectfully DISAGREE . It is one of the BEST features in my Prius. Be unfortunate enough to break your right wrist then try to twist a metal key in a lock while wearing a cast. When it happend to me I could JUST BARELY turn it with my LEFT hand reaching around the steering wheel.

• My fob lives in the inside pocket of my winter coat for 4 months (yes, I live where it is ciold and have no style - 1 coat fits all situations ).
  • Opening the door is the same whether it is locked or not, just pull the handle
  • Starting the car involves putting my foot on the brake and pushing Power
  • Ending my trip is SO much harder - push the parking brake in, push Power, let off the brake. Exit. Sad there is no 'by wire' joystick in the HC
  • Push the button on the door handle to lock the car. Now, admittedly, in my prior vehicle, I would lock it with the inside control before closing the door so it wasn't a lot different. Of course, I could (and once did) lock my keys inside. This is impossible if you use the outside button to lock a HC or Prius.
I now have only 2 keys, one for the porch door (so no one accidentally lets the cats out) and one for the front door. I don't even 'carry' keys. I drop them in the change tray in the console when I get in the car.

Last edited by bruceha_2000; 08-15-2006 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 08-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I find that I have to get used to pushing the button on the door handle. i am so used to pushing a button on a remote, but that stays in my pocket.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast

The radio won't keep seeking up to the next station if I hold down the seek button.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by hybrid_dsl
The radio won't keep seeking up to the next station if I hold down the seek button.
Does the SCAN button do what you want?
J

Old 08-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Other than no Auto Up/Down on all 4 windows from the driver's controls.

What drives me nuts is this darn 'rear bumper applique' !!

It's not an eyesore, but it wasn't something I could cancel on my order...many of you know, but it's a clear plastic piece that sits on the bumper where the trunk sill is. It just bugs the heck out of me for two reasons:

a. It's price is higher than the $30 I paid to have heated mirrors
b. It's a useless piece as far as I'm concerned and just another place to catch wax when I'm applying it.

I know it's there to theoretically help you to not scratch that sill that leads into the trunk, but hell, I ain't gonna be hauling REBAR in my trunk!!

Anyway, just had to express it...keeping things in perspective...this is a very minor annoyance to me, and it was just my misfortune that I didn't catch the vehicle early enough to delete this PIO. If these are my biggest gripes about my new Camry, I'm sure to be one happy son of a gun with this car.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Does the SCAN button do what you want?
J
It's not the same as it advances between stations based on a fixed delay. So maybe this isn't the worst thing about the car, but I'd have to say the radio would be it.

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands