What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by faldoc
Wrinkles in the loose Distributor installed leather upholstery. Compared to my XLE they are like shar-pei dogskin. I will get used to them, but come jeez...
Yeah, I swore I would never get port options again, but that is pretty much the only way to get leather on the TCH right now and the leather SE Toyota uses sucks! Mine chipped already and they are ordering a new seat cover. SE Toyota uses junk for accessories, they are cheap and high proced, almost feel like I was held hostage. Come on Toyota, start shipping more well equipped cars! And get a handle on these thieves at the port!

Old 08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast

Having to unbuckle my seat belt, in order to reach the door handle when the door is fully opened, . ...poor placement of door handle.

Last edited by Litefoot; 08-13-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

The Sunroof doesn't automatically close when I turn off the car.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooters
Be carefull with that. My Highlander does not close and I walk out one morning to 1 inch of water in it. I FREAKED OUT, but I was able to get it dry thats to reading about this on the web.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Enthusiast

Well, I know that it is good that the Camry informs you so much about your FE, but sometimes it irks me the number of way it does this. I'll get used to it though.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Enthusiast

I just hit 5,000 miles yesterday and found out a new thing that is driving me nuts. Since I now need to go in for an oil change, the ECO guage (or as Toyota calls it, the Multi-information display) reads "MAINT REQD" constantly (as well as a little orange light with an "!" in it). I can clear it off by hitting the "Disp" button, but the reminder pops back up after 15-20 seconds.

Since I have a non-nav model, I have been relying heavly on the ECO guage, now I need to keep hitting this button to read it. Needless to say, I getting the oil changed on my way home from work tonight.

I see that the owners manual mentions this and spells out a way to reset the warning. I'll wait and see if the dealer's service department takes care of this.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The procedure for turning off the display is listed on page 148 of your owner's manual under the heading "Resetting the engine oil maintenance data"

Old 08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Scooters
BUT if you turn off the car and then open the driver's side door the Camry BEEEEEEPS at you and displays a nice message on the MFD "Moonroof Open". If you choose to ignore both warnings, too bad.
J
PS. It also doesn't close the windows when you power it off.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donald_s
Too many electronics, but especially the electronic key.
(...snip...)
As compared to a simple metallic key that never fails. Bad design.
Not to be argumentative, but I have a Nissan Maxima and the simple metallic key has failed me twice, in two different ways. One of my keys has become slightly bent over time, making it unusable. So I am down to one key. And then the ignition switch itself has become flaky over the last year or two, and only works when you gently pull up on the key while turning it. Both of these problems would be avoided with the keyless system.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I don't like the fact that you can't have auto up on the drivers window. This pdf says it is only available on the XLE http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicle...y/features.pdf

However... The eBrochure on their site list it as standard on the Hybrid and XLE!!
http://www.toyota.com/toyota/vehicle.../ebrochure.jsp

Auto up is definitely available on the TCH. I use it every day. The brochure
must be wrong.

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands