New exhaust 2 1/4"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
Just to clarify about warranty issues, it is against the law for a dealer/carmarker to void the warranty due to any aftermarket parts unless the aftermarket part directly affected a problem with a part that failed on the car covered underwarraty.

This if made possible due to the Maguson-Moss warranty act.

That is good to know, I will search and copy that act when I do the mods. They definately sounds worth the investment.

So, Adam, you have a 2" and it works well, and Duc is using a 2 1/4" ... I am assuming the 2" would be slightly more efficient/better torque, and the 2 1/4" would be slightly more horsepower.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by bluesesshomaru17
That is good to know, I will search and copy that act when I do the mods. They definately sounds worth the investment.

So, Adam, you have a 2" and it works well, and Duc is using a 2 1/4" ... I am assuming the 2" would be slightly more efficient/better torque, and the 2 1/4" would be slightly more horsepower.
I would assume the same thing you did, for background I chose 2 1/4 because an insight owner tried many different config's and he stuck with 2 1/4. I e-mailed him back and forth and the short of it was he found it to be the best overall for the insight so I went with it for my civic. Only time will tell if 2" is the way I should have went to, but then again different drivers in different areas so we may never know for sure.
Clif

Old 01-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have to apologize before I even give my results! I haven't been able to keep my big fat foot off the accelerator. I currently have the tank at 300 @ 48.0 . I haven't slowed down is my biggest issue. The airfilter gave me an added boost of power that has not allowed me to slow down! I will post picture tonight of mods, promise. The car is a lot more fun to drive. The drive in today and yesterday where almost similiar, 20 miles no traffic (210 west from 15 to 57) and then 40 mph (or less) traffic for the next 35 miles. I have not driven the vehicle as a hybrid, I promise that I will on the next tank.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
What do you mean "Ok so the tranny does't shift"?
I have the automatic CVT HCH. The tranny doesn't shift, like a regular vehicle. Whenever you hear a modded exhaust you can clearly hear the vehicle change gears, not so with the CVT.

does this explanation make sense?

Old 01-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by edovando
I have the automatic CVT HCH. The tranny doesn't shift, like a regular vehicle. Whenever you hear a modded exhaust you can clearly hear the vehicle change gears, not so with the CVT.

does this explanation make sense?
Got it!
Cool to have a real car isn't it.......
Clif

Old 01-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
Got it!
Cool to have a real car isn't it.......
Clif
It feels like one of those old Toyota commercial "oh what a feeling".

Old 01-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

yeah man... and what sucks/is cool about it is that you keep forgetting ur actually on a hybrid...

Old 01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by edovando
edovando
Whatcha know? Been able to control the lead foot?
Originally Posted by malditos
malditos
How is your big foot doing these days?
Clif

Old 01-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

My first full tank of gas with the exhaust system, and air filter (installed at 133.7)
came in at 48.8 . We had high wind conditions, upwards of 70 mph by my house on two of the 5 day I drove on this tank. I wasn't able to control my lead foot (man did I miss it).
With this new tank of gas I am gettin 53.3 mpg on the way in to work and 48.8 on the way home. It is averaging 50.3 The route I take home is different than my drive to work due to traffic conditions.
These are the best mpg I have averaged since winter started. I keep on promising to post the pics I'll definitely do it today.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

well duc, driving only 2 miles to and from work in the city really doesn't let ur lead foot do much work... right now i'm averging 40mpg with pure city.... can't wait for my next trip.

Quick Reply: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands