New exhaust 2 1/4"

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 08:48 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: New exhaust 2 1/4"

My display is normally off by quite a bit, for example 52.2 on the FCD would be 48.2 hand calculated. Not very often it comes up close. My Insight is normally right on the money and only off by a few tenths.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was lucky this morning and had no traffic on the way to work. I arrived at work with 54.1 miles @ 53.7 mpg. I have done this same exact drive with the same exact weather and have never done so well. I also got here in record time since I got the HCH. I actually went over 80 mph on it (84mph to be exact!!!). That is a first since I purchased! I had never gone over 78. I drove the car in to work today not like if it was a hybrid, because it doesn't feel like one. Ok so the tranny does't shift but I was merging into lanes with confidence, infront of other vehicles instead waiting for them to pass me. This exhaust system is so libererating. Thank you DUC.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by edovando
I was lucky this morning and had no traffic on the way to work. I arrived at work with 54.1 miles @ 53.7 mpg. I have done this same exact drive with the same exact weather and have never done so well. I also got here in record time since I got the HCH. I actually went over 80 mph on it (84mph to be exact!!!). That is a first since I purchased! I had never gone over 78. I drove the car in to work today not like if it was a hybrid, because it doesn't feel like one. Ok so the tranny does't shift but I was merging into lanes with confidence, infront of other vehicles instead waiting for them to pass me. This exhaust system is so libererating. Thank you DUC.
What do you mean "Ok so the tranny does't shift"?
Wait until you do the air intake I noticed a huge difference when I did it, now it may seem small with the exhaust being done first but I bet you will get another kick.
Did you read/see how I did my CC breather? It is cheaper and one less filter to clean, and if you burp it won't make a mess in your engine comp.
Now try to control your big foot and get us some real numbers , betcha can't do it.....
Clif

Old 01-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

you make a good advertisment for the upgrade. I think this mod will be in my future. The air filter maybe not because I don't want any warranty issues.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
What do you mean "Ok so the tranny does't shift"?
Wait until you do the air intake I noticed a huge difference when I did it, now it may seem small with the exhaust being done first but I bet you will get another kick.
Did you read/see how I did my CC breather? It is cheaper and one less filter to clean, and if you burp it won't make a mess in your engine comp.
Now try to control your big foot and get us some real numbers , betcha can't do it.....
Clif
I can't control my foot, I think my right foot gained 10 lbs! I decided to go with the CC Breather instead of the way you did to give my dad piece of mind! I am 28 but dad still has to be dad, he "knows more about these things"!!!! Will probably do the air intake tomorrow. I also lost .3 when I left the office becuase a few of my buddies wanted to hear the exhaust roar!!! I promise this time next week no more games, real #'s!!! One more thing, my wife drove the car and amazingly didn't kill the mpg!

Old 01-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluesesshomaru17
you make a good advertisment for the upgrade. I think this mod will be in my future. The air filter maybe not because I don't want any warranty issues.
I'm tempted to sell the idea on eBay!!! J/K all credit goes to Duc

Old 01-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

One more thing, my wife drove the car and amazingly didn't kill the mpg!
Whoa nellie. Now that is the best advertisement for this modification I have ever heard. If you have read this forum very much then you know that possibly 80% of the folks here would fork over loads of money for a modification that would make us able to say "and now my wife doesn't kill the mpg when she drives my car."

Old 01-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Installed filter and cc breather today, took pictures will post late today or tommorow. Haven't driven it yet.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Installed filter and cc breather today, took pictures will post late today or tommorow. Haven't driven it yet.
It'll be a different car "again"..........
Clif

Old 01-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluesesshomaru17
Just to clarify about warranty issues, it is against the law for a dealer/carmarker to void the warranty due to any aftermarket parts unless the aftermarket part directly affected a problem with a part that failed on the car covered underwarraty. For example, if you installed an aftermarket air filter/intake and had a problem with your exhaust your warranty would not be void. If a dealer tried to tell otherwise just mention the law, and they'll change there story. But if the air fiter burned up and caused a fire or something it would not be covered. This if made possible due to the Maguson-Moss warranty act. If would like for info in this do a search for this.
Feel confident adding an aftermarket air filter or intake. I have added one to every vehicle I have owned to date. It is one of the easiest, best, and cost effective mods on the market other than an exhaust system. If you add both an exhaust system to an intake/airfilter mod you will see the greatest benefit as both mods compliment one another. Good luck.

Quick Reply: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands