Old 01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Pictures can be seen in shared section

Old 01-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Worst mileage since mod.
Some people needed a ride to the airport in my direction, they were running late. I drove 80+ the entire time and avg 43.1. There were 4 people in the car and the trunk was full to the point that the passengers in the rear seat were carrying items in their laps. I had done that same exact route at the same exact speed before the mods. 36.8 less people and luggage.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:47 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Little by little I'm being persuaded to try this on my HCH. I did do the filter on my Insight. Strongly considering both (filter & exhaust, I know they compliment each other) for my HCH, in a few weeks I'm starting my 50 mile commute which will be travelling about 64 mph for most of the way.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

When will the world realize my powers, boo ha ha ha

That is pretty impressive especially at that speed. In fact your worse is as good as some on the boards best, kudos to you .

Old 01-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Wow - you guys are making a pursuasive argument! Just a question on noise. The stock setup is of course whisper quiet. I personally can't stand the chainsaw noise that comes from custom pipes. How would you rate the noise on you 2" and 2 1/4" pipes?

Old 01-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by Tim
Wow - you guys are making a pursuasive argument! Just a question on noise. The stock setup is of course whisper quiet. I personally can't stand the chainsaw noise that comes from custom pipes. How would you rate the noise on you 2" and 2 1/4" pipes?
It is louder than stock but mine has mellowed a lot since installation, the stock is crazy quite. It does not in anyway sound like a fart car does and the noise on the inside is louder than it is on the outside. My sisters Mazda Protege is as loud but a different tone. I in no way think the inside on the car is a quite ride so I am not bothered by additional noise but if you are border line snap now because of cabin noise then this is not for you.
Confused or did I help at all?
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being stock 10 being a fart pipe I would rate mine at a 3-4 tops.
Clif

Old 01-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
When will the world realize my powers, boo ha ha ha

That is pretty impressive especially at that speed. In fact your worse is as good as some on the boards best, kudos to you .
Thank you thank you very much!

Old 01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim
I only notice the sound in the mornings now, I guess I learned to block it out. It sounds like a V8 engine instead of a golf cart now. On a scale of 1 - 10 10 being stock and one being alarm ringer on parked vehicles, I would say 7.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Thank you both - that was a big help. I don't have any friends that can bend metal, and I don't frequent a shop I'd trust yet. I'll keep this one in mind however - I'm all for a mod that will boost FE. Power and can take or leave - with my commute the car has plenty of power to do what I need.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tim, the guy I used had done some work for a friend. Ask around, at work etc. somene is bound to have done some type of muffler work.

Quick Reply: New exhaust 2 1/4"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands