How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Originally Posted by alfonzo
Thanks for posting the pictures -- they are much of the reason I decided to get a sunroof.

... It is supposed to have one-touch operation along with programmable positions (not that I really know what that means). I'm curious to see how they end up installing the controller buttons. For you, did they tie in to some honda-looking buttons or use the ones that come with the sunroof? Once I have it, i'll report back on how it operates.
I'm glad to see I had some persuasion (how spell?)... every now and again I get people taking pictures of the car or just walking up to ask how I got a Civic hybrid with the moonroof. I've had people tell me just because they've seen mine they now want to have one installed when theirs arrives/in the future.

Programmable positions really just means where it positions for one-touch. When driving, if I open the moonroof 100% I get a vum-vum-vum-vum-vum sound (you really have to read it a few times to hear the sound in your head). Factory installed, it one-touch opens to 100%. At 85%, the sound goes away. So I programmed it to one-touch open at 85% and then I don't have to worry about that sound.

It is not a Honda looking button, at least, not like the one in my wife's Acura. It is definately a button meant for the unit. It is installed just in front of the mirror on the top if the roof where the map lights are. I asked for other switch or different location and they said "no". But I'm happy with it anyway. I'll post another picture later.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by gumby
Still waiting for mine (at the same dealership in Bartlesville, OK). Been waiting since mid January. Since the MSRP price has increased by $300, I suspect I'll NOW be paying $22,701.00 plus the $50 dealer doc fee, plus my TX sales tax of 6%.
It should arrive any day now (probably mid-week next week)!
FINALLY!!

I picked mine up Saturday, July 1 in Bartlesville, OK. I flew into Tulsa, had a Honda van courier pick me up. He drove me directly to Honda Automobiles of Bartlesville (their new name). Nice people (Chris in sales, and Shane the finance guy). Easy to deal with and everything went smoothly. Took a little over an hour. Magnetic Pearl with NAVI, 15 miles on the odometer (and 28 MPG, argghhh!).

A few things HAVE changed at the dealership (ownership, some costs are slightly higher, etc.). I'm not sure they are running such a good deal for the Civic Hybrids anymore (the deal WAS basically $1500 under MSRP) - I just get that feeling.

I put down my $500 deposit on Jan 19th. Good thing I did! As it turns out, I ended up paying $22,401 ($516 over the OLD invoice price). I was expecting to pay $22,701 ($516 over the NEW invoice price). The $49 document prep fee is now $79, and they charged a $10 title/lien fee. Thet couldn't quite match the internet HondaCare extended warranty prices, s oI passed. I still got a free windbreaker-type jacket (with their logo), though

I drove it immediately back to TX. 313 miles, display stated 42.4 MPG at end of trip. One quick-stop for dinner. I varied the speeds somewhat (RPM's too) during this break-in period. So I could probably have done slightly better MPG if not for that. I pretty much stuck to the speed limits, which were mostly 65. Some 55 and some 70. Car feels rock-solid, and overall I'm pleased with the MPG.
NAVI is cool - much to learn, though

Today, I bought the 8yr/120K mile extended warranty from Saccucci for $980. Note that if you buy with the 0 interest 12-month plan, you cannot use American Express. Also note: even though the $25 gift certificate WAS a June special, it still implied that I would get it, too. We'll see.

Next stop - window-tinting.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
FINALLY!!

I picked mine up Saturday, July 1 in Bartlesville, OK. I flew into Tulsa, had a Honda van courier pick me up. <snip>
Today, I bought the 8yr/120K mile extended warranty from Saccucci for $980. Note that if you buy with the 0 interest 12-month plan, you cannot use American Express. Also note: even though the $25 gift certificate WAS a June special, it still implied that I would get it, too. We'll see.
<snip>
Fortunately my dealer did honor the honda care package price from Saccucci. I had trouble deciding on the 8yr/120K package so I went with the 7 yr 120K package at $900.00. I realized that if I averaged over 15,000 miles per year, then I was paying only part of the 8th year. I currently average 15k/year. But I suspect that this may become the vacation car (only 1 child left at home now) and that I may indeed endup down the road averaging maybe 17k per year. At that rate the 7yr 120k made more sense to me. (I think).

Mike

Old 07-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

$23,400 after taxes and fees (no nav) here in SW Houston. This was back in March. Incidentally, I wouldn't recommend Gillman Honda. Way too pushy on the over-priced extended warranty (which I declined).

Old 07-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast

I'm about to pick up my white '06 hybrid no nav tomorrow. about $23,400 w/ Chrome exhaust finisher, fog lights, auto d/n mirror, leather steering wheel cover, and the installation of all included.

Last edited by jerzeygroove; 07-10-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

did they include all the accessories for free when you purchased the car at MSRP or was it additional?

Old 07-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

well i don't have itemized figures. with 8.99% for 60 months, it'll be $550 a month. With the finance calculator that's 23,426 and 3,075 balance carried over from trading my acura tl '04. so with msrp, fees, taxes and options it's 23426.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Double enthusiast

I think I got a good deal...just this week I got a 2006 w/navi, and got it for $22554 plus the taxes and documentation fee (that's a big ripoff, but unfortunately at all dealers here in Georgia, I think). That works out to a discount of $1646 from the sticker that came on the car. Every other dealer was quoting sticker, with some adding on to the sticker price.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree

Sounds like a very decent deal to me. I paid $21,000 for the base model without Navi plus $770 in doc/destination fees. Not including 5% state tax. I tagged on another $1,000 for splash guards, foglight, and autodim mirror.. then later picked up the all weather mats for ~$90.

Now that I look back I sort of wish I had got a Navi.. though I really didn't need it. The past few weekends I was out on some summer outings and though 'would be darn nice to have navi'.

Hehe.. no biggie. I am crazy about the car is it is.

-GaryW

Old 08-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Enthusiast

$23,700 ($500 under MSRP) for my 06 Silver w/ Nav at Keenan Honda in Doylestown, PA.

Plus taxes, tags and $55 documentary fee (I've seen worse).

Only negative was the 14 week wait. The car I was originally supposed to get "disappeared from the list". They did not give me any updates. It was up to me to inquire. Otherwise, there was no pressure and the pick-up was great.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands