How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Originally Posted by Ethanqt
I bought mine for MSRP Magnetic Pearl with Navi. including sale tax, 5 years or 100,000 miles extended service, Lo-jack, and tons of accessories. Total comes out to $32,700. I bought it at Penske Honda of Ontario, California. It's a great dealership!
$32,7000!! WOW! You did get a lot of accessories! Care to list them?

Old 04-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Accessories I added:

Wheel Locks
Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask
Chrome Exhaust Finisher
Fog Lights
Interior Illumination
Leather Steering-Wheel Cover
Xm Satellite Radio
Bass System Kit
Honda Music Link
Door Edge Guards
Express Systems Car Care
6-Disc CD In dash Changer

I think thats it for now. I wanted leather seats; however, they would not intall them.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ethanqt
Accessories I added:

Wheel Locks
Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask
Chrome Exhaust Finisher
Fog Lights
Interior Illumination
Leather Steering-Wheel Cover
Xm Satellite Radio
Bass System Kit
Honda Music Link
Door Edge Guards
Express Systems Car Care
6-Disc CD In dash Changer

I think thats it for now. I wanted leather seats; however, they would not intall them.
Holy Stromboli. You need to buy a half nose mask to be complete. Just put it over the fullone.

Last edited by rysa4; 04-23-2006 at 10:07 PM. Reason: additional Comment
Old 04-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am about to buy my first Hybrid in NH. 2006 Civic of course. I live in MA. Elsewhere they were asking at least $850 more for the car. Usually in excess of $1,000 more.

$21,000 base car, no NAV
$1,000 options (foglights, splashguards, autodim mirror).

The cost of those options are probably quite high really.. but its sort of rolled into the full price of the car. I look at is as $22,000 for the lot. I expect others have paid less.. but I expect many others (especially in this area) have paid more.

The only other fees are

$550 destination
$170 documentation fee. (another dealership wanted almost $500 in doc fee!)

I need to settle taxes with my own state at registration time. I don't pay them to the dealer.

Someone just drove off with the Magnetic Pearl I was thinking to reserve. I was first after the Galaxy Gray, but started to lean the other way. I guess at this point, whichever color comes in first, i'll likely get.

FYI - I got quotes from dealerships all around MA. One two from NH, one from Maine, and another from CT. So I really checked around.

Hybrid sales seem to be rather hot here in the NorthEast.

A quick note. I found the Prius around here is overpriced. Dealerships are seriously reaming customers. I found on average they are pulling in excess of 17% in profits on these vehicles. Honda dealers are pushing about 50% that. In my case, I estimate its around 7% profit for the Civic i'm going to get. I am ok with 5%-8%. If I am super eager, I may let it slip to 10%. But 17%? Either my numbers are way off.. or Toyota Dealerships are raking in the dough.

-Gary.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Enthusiast

I just picked up my HCH2 yesterday after a 7 week wait. I paid $21,700, a $700 deduction from list, w/splash guards. In NY we don't have to pay tax on $3285 of the vehicle which is calculated to be the difference between the hybrid and non-hybrid versions of the car (How they come up with this figure, I have no idea.) So that saved me $260 in taxes. Doc fee in NY is $45, no destination, dealer prep fees, etc.
My initial drive home resulted in 45mpg. My drive to the office, up and down two very long steep hills with other smaller hills in between I achieved 48mpg. By the time I got home it was back down to 46. Considering I was doing nothing other than driving with a soft foot and with the dealer recommended tire pressure I thought this was fantastic! I look forward to seeing what she'll do when I employ some of the techniques the rest of you use.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HyChi
I just picked up my HCH2 yesterday after a 7 week wait. I paid $21,700, a $700 deduction from list, w/splash guards. In NY we don't have to pay tax on $3285 of the vehicle which is calculated to be the difference between the hybrid and non-hybrid versions of the car (How they come up with this figure, I have no idea.) So that saved me $260 in taxes. Doc fee in NY is $45, no destination, dealer prep fees, etc.
My initial drive home resulted in 45mpg. My drive to the office, up and down two very long steep hills with other smaller hills in between I achieved 48mpg. By the time I got home it was back down to 46. Considering I was doing nothing other than driving with a soft foot and with the dealer recommended tire pressure I thought this was fantastic! I look forward to seeing what she'll do when I employ some of the techniques the rest of you use.

What was the amount of the tire pressure recommended by the dealership?

Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

The offer I have is full sticker for the HCH 2006 with navi. I expect to take it.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

The tire pressure recommended by my car dealer is the same as that of the tire manufacturer: 32psi in all four tires. My mileage is now settling in the 45-46 mpg range after 84 miles, 2 days of my usual commute.

Last edited by HyChi; 04-28-2006 at 04:49 PM. Reason: incomplete text.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PA Runner
What was the amount of the tire pressure recommended by the dealership?
You can open the driver's door and look at the sticker. It says 32. When I got the car from the dealer the tires were at 40, to my surprise.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Aneil Mishra, Ph.D.

I purchased my Opal Silver 2006 for $22,700 from Autopark Honda in Cary, NC. Great dealership!

Aneil

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands