How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

I finally picked up my '06 HCHII w/Nav in Barlesville, Oklahoma about 2 months ago. I had been on the waiting list since November '05. I paid $22,401.00 plus a $50.00 document fee.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Enthusiast

2006 HCHII w/Nav, XM install, and an upgraded KARR security system cost $25,469.00 here in So Cal. With tax and license etc., the total cost was $27,853.66. The only additional accessory was the all weather floor mats the dealer tossed in for free.

Last edited by soldierbot; 06-14-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

2006 Hybrid Civic w/Navigation-$24,200 out the door, that was the sticker price and the price that Edmunds.com said the rest of the buyers in my area were paying. However, I paid no sales tax in CT and I will receive a $2,100 tax credit next yr. Oh yes, the dealer threw in carpeted floor mats for free.

Last edited by lindoug; 06-14-2006 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by Damian
I finally picked up my '06 HCHII w/Nav in Barlesville, Oklahoma about 2 months ago. I had been on the waiting list since November '05. I paid $22,401.00 plus a $50.00 document fee.
Still waiting for mine (at the same dealership in Bartlesville, OK). Been waiting since mid January. Since the MSRP price has increased by $300, I suspect I'll NOW be paying $22,701.00 plus the $50 dealer doc fee, plus my TX sales tax of 6%.
It should arrive any day now (probably mid-week next week)!

Old 06-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Hybrideriffic!

On 6-7-06, I took delivery of a non-NAVI 2006 Civic Hybrid II from Lynnwood Honda in western WA state (north of Seattle) for $22,400 ($300 under MSRP w/destination charge) + a $35 document processing fee, state tax, title, and registration. There was no trade-in or financing.

At my request, the dealer also matched the online price of $900 for a zero deductible 7 year 120,000 mile HondaCare wrap around warrantee.

They offered, but I declined to pay for any other added accessories and dealer "features" (such as glass etching, stain guard, underbody coating, finish protection, Lojack, etc., etc.). They were not pushy about it either... they just made the offers, I refused, and we moved on.

The car was spotlessly clean and had a full tank of fuel when I picked it up.

To get the above mentioned price, I emailed about 8 dealers in the area (including using the Sam's Club and Costco car buying service contacts) and this was the lowest price I received at another dealer in the area (not Lynnwood Honda). Since I wanted to buy the car at Lynnwood Honda because they are the closest Honda dealer to where I live, I offered to let them match the price or I told them I'd go elsewhere for the car. Lynnwood Honda agreed to match the lowest price quote I'd received.

Interestingly, the *highest* initial quote I received was from Lynnwood Honda at a whopping approx. $1,800 *over* MSRP. Most dealers just wanted MSRP, but another local dealer wanted $1000 over MSRP, and wouldn't even discuss a possible lower price when I went to see them in person!

Overall I'm very satisfied with my purchase experience at Lynnwood Honda... I normally *hate* interacting with car dealers. I'd buy from them again.

Drive safely!

Old 07-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Enthusiast

In the Chicago market, I just paid $22950 ($250 over the MSRP of $22700) for a galaxy gray non-navi 06 HCH II. What did that $250 get me? A sunroof/moonroof, installed by a shop that Honda always uses. I could have taken delivery today, but left the car there to get the sunroof installed right away.

This was at O'Hare Honda. The internet sales manager, Marty Czech, was very low-key and nice to deal with. Highly recommend.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Glad to hear you got a HCH II. So, you paid $22,950 with the moonroof installed? If so, that is a great deal. I purchased mine at Muller Honda for MSRP. But, they gave me a lot for my trade in.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, $22,950 included the moonroof installed. Maybe they were able to bargain more easily on the price of the car when they didn't have to officially dip below MSRP. It was also June 30th, so the deal may have been sweeter to meet end-of-the-month quotas.

I also shopped at Mueller Honda. They were very low pressure. I happened to drive a HCH II there where the IMA system was broken so that was kind of interesting. It was *much* slower than a fully working HCH II.

Figure it is tough to get a moonroof installed for less than $1250. Therefore, I like to think I got about $1000 off the car . I did not get a good offer on my trade in, so I'm selling on my own (97 Mitsubishi Mirage LS, 32/36 MPG).

At OHare Honda, the extra fees included:
$57.33 documentary service fee
$25 electronic vehicle registration
7.75% sales tax
$15 county tax
$143 state license/title
I'm sure this is pretty standard for Cook county in IL.

More info to come once I drive the car + moonroof off the lot.

Last edited by alfonzo; 07-02-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Alfonzo,

Good going on the moonroof. did they install the same one that I got with mine? Mine was an American Sunroof Inalfa and has the single-touch open/close/popup with programmable default positions? I paid $1,145 or something like that for mine (discounted from about $1,500). I couldn't be happier with it. I have pictures in the gallery, should still be on the first page of pictures for the HCH-II.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 07-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

Shawn,

Thanks for posting the pictures -- they are much of the reason I decided to get a sunroof.

Mine is a Hollandia 700 model moonroof with (see http://www.openairfeeling.com/v_prod...holl700_en.php for an example). It is supposed to have one-touch operation along with programmable positions (not that I really know what that means). I'm curious to see how they end up installing the controller buttons. For you, did they tie in to some honda-looking buttons or use the ones that come with the sunroof? Once I have it, i'll report back on how it operates.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands