How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Originally Posted by FourSticks
<SNIP>
Got a $3000 NYS tax credit (which saved me $240 of sales tax (8% that might go to 8.75% with a county tax increase by the time I get the car - ouch).<SNIP>

Mike
What New York State tax credit did you get??

I just bought my Civic and I would love to take advantage of that when the time comes.

Do you know any site with the details? Was the dealer the one who deducted it??

Thanks,

Michael

Old 06-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Michael,

I was surprised on this. When they wrote up the order form they took $3000 off. They then figured sales tax on the overall price (minus the 3k). Then at the end they added the 3k back to the price.

I've since seen that the Fed tax credit is $2100 (this was on a thread I think on GreenHybrid with a url to the Fed tax site. This was yesterday I believe, since the fed memo was dated June 1, or maybe it was on the HondaNews site.

So I don';t know if there is actually a separate NYS credit or that they put 3k down, and that when I get the car if I will have to pay tax on the $900 difference in the credit.

I'm just kind of waiting to see.

I hope this helps.

Mike

ps I posted this as a private reply to Mickster, first. I'm new at this otherwise I would have sent it to the group. So I'm trying to recitfy that situation. I'm glad to be part of it all.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
If you think you got taken, you have every right to cash in your HondaCare policy. I don't know how long you've had it, but I believe you can get a full refund for some period of time, and beyond that, you get a prorated amount back. You can then shop around for a better policy, or just do without.... especially if you're located in CA, NY, MA, CT, VT or ME.... where the warranty is so good there's no need for this policy!

As nice as they were for giving you the XM, you don't really owe them anything. It's just business!
The HondaCare is a service contract.

I bought the 8 year, 120K miles version for $960, no deductible, from myhondawarranty.com

Got the paperwork Tuesday. 100% legitimate.

And although I am in NY, it adds a lot to the car:
1) Roadside assistance
2) Rental car reimbursement for 2 days for any repair (original 3/36K miles or extended or powertrain) deemed by the standard rates for if it is over 0.1 hours (and up to 6 or 7 days plus) (Dealer has no loaner program)
3) Bumper-to-bumper coverage less maintenance items
4) Ability to sell it to anyone (except a Floridian I think) for $50 with sale of the car (great value to any sale)
5) $25 parts credit
6) $96 down, $72 a month, interest free payment on my air miles credit card (paid in full every month).
7) Repair of the Navigation system will be at least $960 after the warranty...and it has highest likelihood of dying than anything else in the car...

I may never use it directly, but if I sell it privately, it is as good as certified used.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast

MSRP in Western WA for silver Navi

Old 06-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oops, I'm reposting this because I earlier posted it to the wrong thread thinking it was this one. I didn't read the title closely enough.

Okay, I just received a phone call from the Pacific Honda in San Diego. I received my VIN# and should be picking it up on the 22-25th of June (this month). I'll actually have to purchase it in the next few days (about 10 days early) because my loan for 5% through my CU has once been extended 10 days and interest will increase to about 6.4% if I request financing today. I'd rather keep the low APR (for $10k financing only, the rest I put down). The dealer still insists I'll be paying the original $26k out-the-door as previously agreed. As long as that's the case, I'll do business with them.

Mag Pearl w/NAVI
Wheel Locks
Splash Gaurds
All weather floor mats
Auto dimming mirror

+ $85 Interior illumination (I like blue lights inside)
+ $850 for a sun roof

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sun roof? Cool. I'd like to have one of those. Maybe i'll have one put in sometime.. if I have the cash to blow Lots of other projects going on that is sucking up the spare cash flow.

Your going to love the HCH2. I wanted Mag Pearl but ended up the Gx Gray due to availability. Doesn't matter. **** best car i've ever owned.

-G

Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Metro-Boston: $800 under MSRP

Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryW
Sun roof? Cool. I'd like to have one of those. Maybe i'll have one put in sometime.. if I have the cash to blow Lots of other projects going on that is sucking up the spare cash flow.
Yeah, I just re-re-re-re-confirmed the sunroof. Turns out, $850 is their cost plus labor, its $1,100 or so total. That's fine. Anyway, he said Honda will honor the warranty and the extended warranty, if I purchase one, Honda Care? will honor it also. But only if I install it before I take it off the lot. If I install it after the fact, the nature of warranty coverage and responsibility changes a bit.

Anyway, that said, I just got another call (two days after the previous) that my car will arrive on Friday (the 16th) the day I'm going to pay for it anyway... but I'll not be able to drive it home until Wednesday when the complete installation of the auto dimming mirror and the sunroof.

My wife approved the expense of the sunroof, she knows I can't live without the one in my current truck, so the total of my truck with all my crap I'm adding in will be roughly ($27,300 or so) and I'm find with it. $26,023 if I don't get the sunroof and interior lights and something else, (I forget what it was). out-the-door.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

My wife and I just bought an 04 HCH1 CVT with 21000 miles for just under $21K out the door. In great shape and still under factory warranty. Got it at carmax in southern cali. getting about 48mpg right now, thanks to the tips on this website (cruise control, coasting, etc.). It's all about re-educating yourself on how to drive (no need to gun it to the next light, drive the speed limit, etc.) Loads of fun to drive. Thanks Honda and thanks to everyone here at Green Hybrid for the killer website!

Old 06-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

an 04 for that price. i guess it just depends on the market. if you get a used one you don't get the tax credit. so you would have been better off getting an 06 at msrp and getting the tax credit with 0 miles on it.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands