How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!
Default Re: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Bought a used 04 with 72k HCH1 manuel for 11,400.

It was a okay deal.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Enthusiast

I'm in Los Angeles and I just got my 2007 yesterday without nav for invoice ($21477 plus tinted windows, tax, and license). I got quotes anywhere from invoice up to $4k over MSRP. Needless to say I took the invoice price with no haggling. They tried to sell me the 7/100 extended warranty for $2400 but I knew better than to pay that much and they knew I knew better so they didn't push too hard after I said no.

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give the name of the dealer but I would recommend them highly. I was in and out in 2 hours, and half of that was appraising my trade in and doing the paperwork.

Last edited by runchadrun; 01-29-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There's no reason not to give the name of your dealer if you want to, runchadrun. They won't mind- especially if you have nice things to say about them! Free advertising for them, actually.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Enthusiast

In that case, I got the car from Power Honda in Valencia. My salesman was Igor Fominykh. I got the quote through cars.com and they were true to it, no haggling and no questions asked. I also had my financing arranged in advance so that sped up the process.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Enthusiast

2007 HCH $21,998 without Nav. Gunn Honda, San Antonio.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Enthusiast

2007 HCH with Navi., Galaxy Gray, MSRP+595(Destination and Handling) $24,945. Purchased on 12/31/07 from Capitol Honda in San Jose, CA. They threw in the auto-dimming mirror, all weather floor mats,touch-up paint and half off the alarm upgrade. No installation charges. Dealt with the Internet Sales Mgr. No haggling, no back and forth visits to the invisible "boss." Less then 2 hours, start to finish. On top of that, the car had just been unloaded from the truck so it hadn't been sitting on the lot or test driven.

The first dealership I visited that day was at Stevens Creek Honda, also in San Jose. They wanted $4,000 over invoice. I told them i was willing to pay MSRP. Thanked him for his time, shook his hand and started to leave. Of course, he stops me and tells me he'll go "check with the boss." Came back and said, "$1,000 over MSRP." I told him again that I'm prepared to write a check for MSRP and other related fees, no more. Then he goes on to show me his inventory sheet and how he sold so many the day before and how he can easily sell this one today at $4K over. I thanked him for his time and walked out.

Drove a few miles to Capitol Honda sealed the deal with a great salesman. I highly recommend them. Make an appointment with the internet sales mgr. The salesmen there are like car salesmen anywhere else.

As for Stevens Creek Honda, stay away from them. They're pompous, arrogant and will price gouge you.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

2007 HCHII with nav in Magnetic Pearl, with an auto day/night mirror in Ann Arbor, MI. Paid $24950 + plates out the door (including tax, documentation (what a rip), the mirror, and title). The dealer had to go out of state and 200 miles away to find the color and nav, and I took some joy in that. Could probably have done a little better, but this is my first new car, so I took what I thought was a good deal.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

while i was out shopping for my 2007 honda civic si sedan many of the dealers lots had at least 6 hybrids on the lot in different colors. from what they were saying they were not selling and honda has been producing them faster. this is in the chicagoland area.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Enthusiast

California dealers were capitalizing on the last minute rush to get the remaining carpool lane stickers. Anywhere else I'm sure you could get them for below MSRP. Now that the stickers are all gone the the true effectiveness of the tax credits have been exposed I'm sure the dealers are much more willing to negotiate.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

At the Dave Munganast south county dealership in St Louis, MO, we walked out the door with a civic hybrid with nav for 22,649. (22,500 + 149 document processing fee). We haven't paid the Missouri sales tax yet. That is handled seperatly.

We got internet quotes from 6 dealers and they beat the lowest one by $500.

They tried to charge us 1,710.00 for an extended warenty. That's about $800 more than the price for the same warenty at www.myhondawarranty.com.

Last edited by kcroke; 02-17-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Forgot tax

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your hybrid civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands