Prius Rental in Boston?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Prius Rental in Boston?

is there anyone who rents priuses in Boston?

would like to rent one for an extended test drive. I thought I saw one at Hertz local in Burlington last night but couldn't see it this morning

regards

Robert

Old 01-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Prius Rental in Boston?

Originally Posted by HybridBob
is there anyone who rents priuses in Boston?
Check with the dealers. In Huntsville AL, we have been able to rent a Prius from time-to-time from the dealer. But given their short supply, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

The other alternative is Ebay. Buy a used one and when your done, put it back up for sale.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks,

A dealer here in Boston will lend me a prius for a couple of hours. It should be long enough to make up my mind. I want to see how the seats works for me as I'm a little concerned about them (I think this is a weakness of Jap. cars vs European cars). If they are good enough then I'm close to buying

Old 01-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,

Herb Chabers in Boston (Allston) will rent out a Prius II. U-Save in Somerville and Allston rented Prius I a couple of years ago.

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Enthusiast

Also, Zip car has hybrids in there fleet of cars.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

The weakness of Japaneese sendas vs European Sedans is this, accords etc tend to not be wound up as tight. European Cars are fun to drive, when the are not in the shop for something or another!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Woburn toyota has a prius II (05) fully loaded for rental. they where kind enough to lend it to me for a extended test drive. Unfortunately they don't have an 06 Prius in stock as I would like to do business with them. They have been very accomodating and none pressuing so far.

/Robert

Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

ah! We drove that prius too! Never thought that they would let you test drive it overnight We test drove that prius about 90 minutes with my sales persons approval

They are not bad at all. Our first sales person was a little flakey and told us 4 week wait (which was a gross exaggeration) but the manager rectified the situation quickly and gave us a new person to work with. Very positive experience overall. We had to wait 4 months for the car in the end but we got the exact car we ordered We are picking it up this week.

JAFFARIAN Toyota had a 1 month wait in November. We almost cancelled our order and went with them. You can check them out too.

All the other Boston Dealers told us 6-8 months.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by jurni; 01-09-2006 at 09:02 AM.