Redundant Q on Prius Rental

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Banned
Default Redundant Q on Prius Rental

I live in the Dallas area and was hoping to get a Prius rental while my Insight gets scheduled maintance next Wednesday. Just in case anyone has leads....

Old 08-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Redundant Q on Prius Rental

http://ryoshida.com/PriusRental/index.htm

Toyota of Dallas has an Enterprise inside the dealership that rents Priuses I think...

Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

Thank you for the link!

Old 09-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Banned

I went to the Toyota of Dallas chat line and I got a reply on my inquiry on a Prius rental. Unintentionally or intentionally, it turned into an invitation to test drive a 2005 Prius.

I just wanted to have one a couple of days, maybe with some input here to compare it with my Insight.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Delta_Flyer:

___You are about to gain some extremely valuable experience that most may never know. The Prius II vs. your Insight … It is not nearly as nimble, feels very heavy, and does not feel like it has the scoot of an Insight but the feel “lyes”compared to its actuals. In either case, make sure you achieve a Glide within your first few minutes behind the windscreen because that single tool alone in that rather heavy compact/mid-sized 4 door sedan, makes it as efficient if not more so then your Insight! If you are coasting down from 70 +, Glide. If you are below 42, Glide with even better results. From any speed during decel, Glide and the FE will amaze even the most Die-Hard Insight fan. I am living proof of this and am still in awe of what that car can do when driven to its absolute limits. On the Pulse or accel side of the equation, just don’t draw off the pack under any circumstances and you will do great!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Banned

xcel,

Sad to say, I could not secure a Prius II rental. Enterprise did not have one, and Toyota of Dallas seemed interested only in making one available for a test drive. Of course, Toyota has never had to beg for people to drive Prius', esp. now that gas supply is short.

I tried....

Old 09-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

Even Worse

Already mentioned that Toyota of Dallas chose to understand "rental" for "test drive - serously considering a Prius purchase" (don't you just love it when people intentionally twist your intentions? )

I made a reservation last Thursday at Enterprise for a Dodge Neon, the next Tuesday. While I won't be charged extra, the most FE vehicle they could offer was a Honda Odseey mini-van. It does not even have an mpg display - maybe because it would be too depressing. Hyper-miling for it would probably be 25mpg.