Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

FWIW, several of the other dealers mentioned over at Edmunds have increased their prices for covering the TCH at least once, and sometimes twice. McGeorge Toyota is now more expensive than Toyota of Greenfield. In fact, I tried several of the other recommended dealerships and it now appears that Greenfield may be cheapest. I'm mailing my info to them tomorrow, just in case there is another increase on 1 September.

(I am not affiliated with Toyota or any of its dealers.)

Old 08-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Lefty....Thanks for the info. I spoke with Steve in ND today and got a quote for $980 for 7 yr/100K/0 ded. That sounds like the best deal as of today. Still searching for the best deal on the prepaid maintenance plan...No luck yet. The current quote is $875 for 4yr/55K. Just a month ago someone I know bought it for around $600 for 57K at 3K oil changes from Midwest.

Originally Posted by lefty1970
I checked around with a few dealerships on the 7 yr. / 100k mile / 0 deductible EW recently. Attached are my findings...apparently there's been a price hike since the pre 7/23 posts in this forum. Sorry I didn't do more follow-through on the pre-paid maintenance prices, but feel free to fill in the blanks where appropriate. I'm still deciding whether the initial out-of-pocket cost is worth it...

RE: the EW....I ultimately decided to go with Dan Porter Motors in Dickinson, North Dakota. Cost = $900 out the door (no tax). Contact = Steve Larson in Finance (very friendly). Made sure it was a 1st party warranty. He's going to send me the contract via mail to sign and provide my payment info. Once I return it, he'll plug my name in the Toyota dealer network, so I'll be able to use it at any U.S./Canadian dealership for service.

Last edited by hybridchat; 08-26-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't roll on Shabbos

I have a feeling mandated price increases from Toyota corporate - perhaps even on a monthly/bi-monthly basis - on BOTH the extended warranty AND prepaid maintenance plan are probably inevitable until price equity is reached within a good portion of dealers within its network. Toyota probably is aware many dealers are charging much less than the suggested retail price of both of these services and are trying to capitalize on it somehow.

Suggested retail prices - prepaid maintenance:
http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pyv/p...nce/index.html

Suggested retail prices - extended warranty:
http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pyv/e...ry_hybrid.html

Last edited by lefty1970; 08-30-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast

just ordered:

7/100,000/zero Toyota 'Platinum'

From Mech. in VA (Scott) for $880.00 + 2.5% VA tax

Prices will again go up next month, so he says.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Does the fine print of these warranties demand that you have ALL of the recommended maintenance done for the warranty to be valid?

I really need to take a look at the maintenance manual to see the specifically recommended stuff. (I can't though, since my car is still at the body shop).

Old 08-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybridchat
The current quote is $875 for 4yr/55K. Just a month ago someone I know bought it for around $600 for 57K at 3K oil changes from Midwest.
I just bought the 4yr/55k from Midwest today for $875, that seems to be the cheapest around after the last set of price increases. I spoke to Chris at Midwest and it was an easy transaction, and I had the completed service application faxed to me within an hour.

Originally Posted by clipper
just ordered:

7/100,000/zero Toyota 'Platinum'

From Mech. in VA (Scott) for $880.00 + 2.5% VA tax.
If this is not a typo and for a TCH, then this is $100 under dealer cost, which is a steal!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't roll on Shabbos

Originally Posted by hybridchat
Still searching for the best deal on the prepaid maintenance plan...No luck yet. The current quote is $875 for 4yr/55K. Just a month ago someone I know bought it for around $600 for 57K at 3K oil changes from Midwest.
I'd say take Flopshot's (and my) lead and go with Midwest. They appear to be the cheapest on the 4/55 Premium prepaid.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by spiff72
Does the fine print of these warranties demand that you have ALL of the recommended maintenance done for the warranty to be valid?

I really need to take a look at the maintenance manual to see the specifically recommended stuff. (I can't though, since my car is still at the body shop).
Nope but they do say specifically to keep proof that the maintenance was done on a timely manner in the form of receipts etc.
J

Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, I found out what the story is about Toyota of Greenfield. Apparently Troy Dietrich was selling extended warranties as a part of being a finance manager at the dealer, but the whole extended warranty thing is now pretty much his full time job. Through his website factorydiscountwarranty.com he is offering deeply discounted extended warranties for Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Kia, Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, VW and a few other brands. They can only offer the warranties for the cars they carry at their two dealerships. Troy says he is doing about 200 extended warranties a month, hence he can discount the hell out of them. He's been doing this for awhile. I've found references in other forums going back at least 2 years and no one is complaining.

Just for the record:

TCH 7/75/0 Platinum extra care plan (extended warranty) is $695 from Toyota of Greenfield. That compares to $1,200 at Northridge Toyota in Los Angeles for a 7/75/ $50 deductible plan after I told them they were competing against another dealer and should offer their best price possible.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

and for those who are interested in the 6/100000 at Toyota of Greenfield (MA):

Toyota Platinum 6 yr / 100,000 mile Extra Care
plan w/ $0 deductible for $875.00 on the Camry Hybrid

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands