Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

I bought the 7/75/0 from Midwest Toyota last thursday for $645 I called Toyota today, and they confirmed Platinum 7/75/0 was entered into the system on 8/1.
Cheers.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

I tried to buy a prepaid service agreement yesterday. I could get in touch with nobody on the spreadsheet except Troy of "Toyota of Greenfield".

I put the quotes b/c when you call Toyota of Greenfield and ask for Troy, it seems as though you are transferred outside the dealership. Apparently, my suspicions may be correct b/c the email I got from Troy is from "factorydiscountwarranty.com".

I guess I wouldn't care so much except the $670 is suddenly $875 due to a price increase on 8/1 (and I called on 8/2 so it's doubly suspicious). Troy claims that this affected ALL the dealerships, but I can't get a hold of any other dealership that sells the prepaid maintenance, so I can't validate what he said.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

That's bizarre. Troy is ToG's Business Manager and his email address is TDietrich@ToyotaofGreenfield.com .
Well maybe not so bizarre since factorydiscountwarranty.com is registered to
ToG.

Registrant:
Toyota of Greenfield (DOM-1466792)
12 Olive ST
Greenfield ME 01301
US

Domain Name: factorydiscountwarranty.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Last edited by schmidtj; 08-03-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
I tried to buy a prepaid service agreement yesterday. I could get in touch with nobody on the spreadsheet except Troy of "Toyota of Greenfield".

I put the quotes b/c when you call Toyota of Greenfield and ask for Troy, it seems as though you are transferred outside the dealership. Apparently, my suspicions may be correct b/c the email I got from Troy is from "factorydiscountwarranty.com".

I guess I wouldn't care so much except the $670 is suddenly $875 due to a price increase on 8/1 (and I called on 8/2 so it's doubly suspicious). Troy claims that this affected ALL the dealerships, but I can't get a hold of any other dealership that sells the prepaid maintenance, so I can't validate what he said.
give this# a try
1-800-530-5789 Midwest Toyota Superstore
ask for mark or tyronne --financial mngrs.
l
Cheers

Last edited by Litefoot; 08-03-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Litefoot
give this# a try
1-800-530-5789 Midwest Toyota Superstore
ask for mark or tyronne --financial mngrs.
l
Cheers
I had been trying that # all week. Always voicemail and no returned call.
I'll try again today...

Old 08-04-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't roll on Shabbos

Originally Posted by hamm3r
I had been trying that # all week. Always voicemail and no returned call.
I'll try again today...
To use a quote from former president Clinton.....I feel your pain, hamm3r.

My first order of business was to get ONLY a factory backed, first party warranty. You guys really opened my eyes to the pitfalls of dealing with 3rd party nightmares.

That in mind, let's use the spreadsheet I created as a guide. The only person I reached immediately was Steve Larson. To my amazement, a day after he gave me the quote, when I called back to seal the deal, he picked up again.

I left one voice mail with the others. Troy and Jarod were the only people who called me back, but I wasn't at my desk at the time, so they each left me a V/M. Jarod gave me all the info I needed in the message. Troy just said to call him back. Like hammr3 pointed out, this is where it gets a little strange. I called the initial number he left which was (413) 773-5455, but was told he was at a secondary location of Toyota of Greenfield - which is the number I put on the spreadsheet. Huh? Two dealerships of the same name in the same city? Anyway, I did get a hold of him at that number.

The others proved to be more of a challenge. After leaving my initial voicemail and getting no call back after 2 business days, I decided to call back. I woudn't be content until I reached a live person. I reached everyone on my second attempt except Mechanicsville, who I gave up on after 2 more attempts.

It's ironic we now live in a society where we, as customers, need to be persistent to the point of bothersome to get a dealership's attention. Used to be the other way around.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

My first order of business was to get ONLY a factory backed, first party warranty.
I believe there are no First Party Factory pre-paid mantenance agreements. They are all 3rd party. Correct me if I am wrong. If anyone choose to obtain one (they were not cost effective for me) make sure they are NOT tied to a specific dealer.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
I believe there are no First Party Factory pre-paid mantenance agreements. They are all 3rd party. Correct me if I am wrong. If anyone choose to obtain one (they were not cost effective for me) make sure they are NOT tied to a specific dealer.
This Troy guy claims that his prepaids are accepted at 99% of the dealerships throughout the country.

UPDATE:

"Tyrone is no longer working with the company...would you like to leave a voicemail for Mark?"
"Yes, but I left him one two days ago and he didn't return it"

...he didn't return today's either...

Maybe I'll just pay as I go...

Old 08-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Question Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Has anyone bought a prepaid 4yr/55k service agreement for their TCH lately? If so, what is the going price? My dealer sold me a 15k prepaid oil change plan (5 oil changes) for $270 on Aug 1, but now I'm thinking I overpaid and I might try to cancel the plan (which I think I can do in the first 30 days)

I had already gone back to them with the prices for the 7/100k/0 Platinum Warranty published here, and they sold it to me for a $100 markup at $1090. I don't mind throwing them the extra $100 just so my car gets to the front of the line when it needs servicing, the 7:30am slot is somehow always available when you give them the sale.

Last edited by flopshot; 08-23-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Enthusiast

Just paid $476 for 7yr/75,000 miles Toyota Vehicle Platinum Warranty with $50 deductible.

Last edited by brennja; 08-22-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands