Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

I got my paper work a couple of weeks from the dealer but still waiting for the stuff from Toyota Corp.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

Just checked on the 7 yr/100k/$0 ded plan at Midwest (Mark McCasland) and Greenfield (Troy Dietrich).

Troy picked up the phone at (413) 772-0989 and quoted me $990. In order to complete the application with him, he needed a fax of the vehicle registration and a signed note stating the current mileage.

Mark called me back within about 20 minutes after I left a message with reception at (620) 662-6631, and he quoted me $964. In order to complete the application with him, he needed the VIN, car purchase date, and today's mileage.

Since both have come recommended by other board users, I decided to go with Mark and his slightly lower price. He faxed me a copy of the application that he had filled out over the phone before having me give him my CC #.

I'll post an update if I have any issues in getting the policy finalized. Note that both gentlemen were very friendly and easy to deal with on the phone.

Thanks to everyone for their detective work on the extended warranty!
Tony

Old 01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Talked with Troy at Greenfield today. He priced a 7 yr/100k/$0 at $990 and 6 yr/100k/$0 at $875. Very professional and friendly guy, told him I usually drive about 20k miles a year so he suggested getting the 6 year plan to save a bit of money since I'll hit the mileage number first.

He asked me to fax a copy of the bill of sale OR registration. Also, he wanted something that'll show a current odometer number.

I'm new to the forum and to the TCH. I've driven my 99 Chevy Silverado since new and am trading that gas guzzler in tomorrow for a new Silver TCH! I'm like a kid trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve.

Thank you all for all of the great information you've taken the time to share. I've been passing it on to my brother who's gong to buy a new TCH here in a couple of weeks.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast

Hi all .. new poster and long time reader here.

We got our loaded 2008 TCH about 2 weeks ago. While we were waiting for it, I read up on the Extended Warranty prices here .. and some other sites. When we picked it up, we went through the normal routine ... and the last person was the finance manager. As we were signing the papers, I opened up the EW booklet from the display on his desk. Soon enough, he quoted me a price of $1,800 for the 6 year/100k/0 ded policy. He said he was giving me a 20% discount as well (LOL). I politely told him that I had done my homework, and I could get the same policy for less than $1,000 at another dealer. He got highly agitated .. and said *there's no way you can get it for that price*. I said fine, and wrote out a check for the price of the car. He wouldn't negotiate at all on the price. He also told me that the Hybrid System (batteries, etc) was NOT covered without the extended warranty. I was going to call him out on his blatant lie .. but held my tongue.

The next day I called Midwest Toyota, and spoke to Mark McCasland. He quoted me the price of $799 total. He was extremely nice as well. I gave him my CC and vehicle info ... and in minutes I had the fax sent over. I received the paperwork from him in the mail about a week later. Still waiting for the papers from Toyota .. although Mark originally said it would take a few weeks.

All in all ... it was well worth the 5 minute phone call to save $1000.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Has anyone in Canada (esp. Ontario) had any experience with trying to get a good deal on the extended warranty?

Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Got a call from the finance mgr of the dealer I'm buying my new TCH from today. Right on cue he started discussing the ins and outs of buying an extended warranty from him. I mentioned I've been casually looking at whether or not getting one (little did he know I've been reading up here), he quoted me a price for a 7 yr/100k/$0 Platinum for $1450 and told me it was an employee price I was getting since I know the owner of the dealership.
I couldn't resist and told him I'd found a couple of dealerships (didn't mention them by name) scattered across the US that would offer me the same plan for under $1000. He balked and started talking about how they probably aren't legit and that he was selling a GENUINE Toyota Extended Warranty. I mentioned I'll be careful, but if he could match that price I'd work with him. He said he was looking at the national dealer price book on the warranties and there's no way it could be that cheap.
His final attempt seriously almost made me laugh at him over the phone. He said, well if I drop that price down to $1275 and since we're delivering your car to you, would you do it then? I said no and that he's still making money on the car deal so delivering shouldn't be a problem. He then started to argue saying that he's not making much, $100 over invoice, and I almost decided to call him out on his manufacturer holdbacks, incentives, and allowances, but decided not to.
I guess he didn't realize how much we can find on the information superhighway. Thank you all for all the great posts that have helped a ton!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just wondering if those that bought from Midwest Toyota ever got their official Toyota paperwork. Thanks

Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dogzen
Just wondering if those that bought from Midwest Toyota ever got their official Toyota paperwork. Thanks
I received it about 2 weeks after the initial call. All official .. no problems here.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dogzen
The best two places you can buy from (as stated multiple times in this thread) are Midwest Toyota and Greenfield Toyota. Both are legitimate reputable Toyota dealers who have done business with many, many people here in GreenHybrid as well as the folks over in ToyotaNation.com. I got my paperwork from Midwest Toyota in less than 2 weeks.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Why not try what I did..... get your best price, print it out, take it to your dealer. I showed my dealer where I could get what I wanted, and the price. He said"ok, we will meet that", and he did. In my case it was $990.00 for 7year, 100,000 miles, 0 deductible. Received the paperwork within 10 days. Good luck.... By the way....If I remember right, I think my quote was from Midwest.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands