Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Toyota website said you can buy extended warranty as long as the basic warranty is valid, that would mean before 36months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, but I wouldn't wait until the last moment. I bought mine, 100k/0 deductible for $990, just a week ago (Thanks guys for posting all the info) and I own my car since June 2006 with 26,500 miles so far. I figure at this rate I will be out of warranty before Christmas and I like the car, so I want to keep it for long time (I kept my Nissan 240SX for 13 years). If I was you I would also wait few months to see if you like the car and intend to keep it , or you'll try to get rid of it after 3-4 years. I must say this much: This is the first time ever, that I bought extended warranty for anything, car, electronics etc. and I never regret it. But with TCH things are little different:
1. New model, there might be some issues showing up later
2. Extremely expensive repairs, 12v battery costs few hundred dollars, stupid inverter goes into thousands
3. I like the car and I want to keep it for a while and there is nothing in the next few years that would excite me. Maybe 2010 new Prius or new TCH.
4. I usually fix my cars myself, I've changed alternators, starters, master cylinders, even shocks, with TCH computers, things get too complicated , if the error shows up , without reading it I would have no clue where to begin. I do have service manual, I'm planning to buy code scanner and I intend to learn more about the car anyway, but with time on my basic warranty running out so quickly I need to have some more time to recover financially before taking chances on warranty. lol. So relax and take it easy, you'll have plenty of time to decide. Keep in mind basic warranty is for 36k miles, but powertrain is 60k and whole hybrid system including battery is 100k (some states like CA or NY 150k) so that extra warranty doesn't cover that much extra after all.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast

I bought 6 yr./75 k/0 deductible from Midwest Toyota for $519 this past Tuesday. I spoke with an Internet sales guy named Keith...great guy and very helpful. I haven't gotten my paper work (was told 7 to 10 days), but will update later.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jivey
I bought 6 yr./75 k/0 deductible from Midwest Toyota for $519 this past Tuesday. I spoke with an Internet sales guy named Keith...great guy and very helpful. I haven't gotten my paper work (was told 7 to 10 days), but will update later.
Good deal

Old 08-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast

I have been unable to get most dealers to respond to my emails, let alone phone messages! For example, sent email to Dan Porter Toyota last week - no answer. Troy at Toyota of Greenfield is the exception. All I want is a 7/100K warranty at the best price.

Fred

Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fredo48
I have been unable to get most dealers to respond to my emails, let alone phone messages! For example, sent email to Dan Porter Toyota last week - no answer. Troy at Toyota of Greenfield is the exception. All I want is a 7/100K warranty at the best price.

Fred
I filled out an email contact form on Midwest Toyota's site and had a call back within an hour on a Saturday so needless to say I was impressed.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Fred
Then you have your answer, which was confirmed in several posts in this thread spanning many months. Toyota of Greenfield, and Midwest Toyota, are going to be your best prices. So you should sign up with Troy if he is the only one that got back in touch with you.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 AM
700 Mi Camry Club Member

Fred
Sorry to hear you had a problem getting through. I didn't have any problems so I'm suprised. Keep trying or go with a higher priced same warranty.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow....almost 2 weeks and no comments. I am almost ready to purchase 7/100,000/0 contract. Any suggestions, recent purchase prices, or any other suggestions? Thanx.

Last edited by acco20; 08-23-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast

I just bought the platinum 7 years/75,000 miles, no deductible, Toyota extended warranty from Midwest Toyota for $619. The price on Toyota's website is $845. I spoke to Mark McCasland (?) at 1-800-530-5789. I waited to get the paperwork in the mail before posting this. Good luck with your purchase.

JoAnn
Overeager in MD

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands