What color do you have and what color did you want

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

Thanks Gandyfire & JBollt - the Jasper Green I saw did not have Hybrid markings on it so I assumed it was "other" - perhaps the owner took them off though unsure why they would.. that's why I assumed it was another model...

I stand corrected.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ditto with DrTrekker (except I don't have the Iris Sebring...!) ...Jasper Pearl was there, I loved it and bought it!

Get loads of comments about my 'cute little car'... Dropped some cans off at recycling the other day and it immediately caught their eye and then when they found out it was a hybrid there were lots of questions: Do you have to plug it in? Does it run on any gas? How do you switch between gas and electric? They actually came over to hear it start up and listened to me stealth away!

Of course the color has nothing to do with the actually functioning of the car, but it does create the initial attention. I have discovered a "3 step look":

First glance, the color
Second glance, it isn't making any noise
Third glance, oh, it's a hybrid (and then usually an little smile, nod or wave)

Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wanted either Blue Ribbon or Magnetic Grey. My wifed liked the Blue Ribbon better so that's what ordered. I love the color of our car.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast

Magnetic Grey for us. Had to wait 2 weeks for one with Nav, Leather, and Moonroof (and NO Toyoguard), but was still able to get it before the 1 April tax credit cut. Did my 2006 taxes and the $3150 from the wife's Prius last year was a nice bonus. $1300 will be nice next year for the TCH!

Brian

Old 04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
I wanted either Blue Ribbon or Magnetic Grey. My wifed liked the Blue Ribbon better so that's what ordered. I love the color of our car.
Sounds like my situation here...

I had specified Blue Ribbon or Magnetic Gray, with a slight preference for the blue.

The dealer got a mag gray allocated to them (it was their first or second TCH back in July), so I took it. I like the color - it is classy, but the blue was appealing!

EDIT: Actually, I might have liked black too, but it wasn't available back then...

Last edited by spiff72; 04-18-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

Ordered Super White but would have preferred Blizzard Pearl. We have a a Blizzard Pearl Sienna and about two weeks after we ordered the TCH in Super WHite, it became available as an option for the 50th anniversary.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Enthusiast

We have Desert sand mica. That's what we ordered. We love it, hides dirt very well.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

My wife fell in love with the blue ribbon at the Chicago Auto Show. We were going to get that when I discovered the press release on the Blizzard White Pearl edition they were coming out with. I finally found a dealer that knew about that particular edition & we got one of the first. My wife has always wanted a pearlized car. It's a bit unusual though, it has to be very sunny or under a sodium light in a parking lot to notice the pearl effect. Otherwise it mostly looks white.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Enthusiast

I wanted the Jasper Green, because it looked very nice on the Toyota website. <snip> But now that I have it, I realized don't really like the color all that much. It's just way too green. It sticks out in a crowd like a sore thumb. Yesterday I drove it to work for the first time, and everyone on the freeway was staring at my car.

You seem to think those people are staring at your car thinking, "Look at that ugly green car." They are actually thinking, "Wow, I've never seen a car that color before. It's beautiful!"

I love my Jasper Pearl TCH. I get compliments on the color at least once per week. I wasn't really planning to buy a new car that day, but the color sold me.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
joe540ci

Originally Posted by Kornstad
We have Desert sand mica. That's what we ordered. We love it, hides dirt very well.
I just hand waxed mine (DSM)and it looks great!!!

Quick Reply: What color do you have and what color did you want

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands