What color do you have and what color did you want

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 08:27 PM
joe540ci
Default Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

I don't know if its just me but I seem to look at and want whatever color I don't have.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast

Mine is Barcelona RED!!!! I ordered a red, with tan interior, but got gray. I wanted a Pearl white Acura TL, but changed to the TCH after testing a TL for a week... The Super White is not as attractive as Pearl, so I went for the RED. Boy is she flashy!!!!

Love her now! I see all of the other colors, but am still thrilled with the RED!

m

Old 04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bsteele
My wife fell in love with the blue ribbon at the Chicago Auto Show. We were going to get that when I discovered the press release on the Blizzard White Pearl edition they were coming out with. I finally found a dealer that knew about that particular edition & we got one of the first. My wife has always wanted a pearlized car. It's a bit unusual though, it has to be very sunny or under a sodium light in a parking lot to notice the pearl effect. Otherwise it mostly looks white.
I haven't seen this color yet, but you would be amazed what wearing polarized sunglasses will do to some paint finishes. If you have a pair, make notice of what a car looks like with and without the glasses. I have noticed that the polarized sunglasses I have will make metallic reds look very "deep". I think this effect is from the glare reducing nature of polarized glasses. Note these are just gray lenses - not the goofy brown tinted ones.

I wonder if this same effect would be seen on this blizzard white color.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wanted white got white and added a nice window tint.

I like white cars but it was also because the car will stay cooler in the summer requiring less air con use. Yes black would attract heat in the winter but living near the great lakes cloud cover is the norm during the winter months.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just came home with a black/ash TCH! I'm exhausted. Emotional process, finally settling on a car and signing. But it's like fishing; I got a nice one and I want to tell everyone about it.

I'd thought the TCH didn't come in black - gray looked fine to me, but when I saw this one, I was hooked. The grill is chrome and silver, setting off the front end in a sharp way.

I know black needs attention to look its best, but I've had a black/gray Corolla GTS for 17 years, and Toyota makes tough, glossy paint that's always waiting under my usual grime, ready to be spiffed up and looking spectacular again. A dirty black Toyota looks just ordinary, but when it's waxed, it's magnificent.

Finally. I've shopped for that lovely thing for years, and now I get to enjoy it. So far, it's all the good things I've expected, plus no console rattles!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

BLIZZARD PEARL, I wanted I found. btw I notice color changes with the polarized glasses, but not on the BP, more so on older oxidized cars.

Last edited by punkerg1; 04-22-2007 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Have had several white vehicles, test drove a 2007 white, bought a 2008 Barcelona Red. It has a silver pin stripe to go with the ash interior.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have Sky Blue and I wanted Sky Blue.

I did want a tan leather interior and got greybut the blue and grey look good together.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast
Post Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

The first choice was magnetic gray metallic and the second choice was silver - cloth seats and no nav. I was unable to locate any of the gray in the area so I headed off to the dealer to purchase silver 2008 TCH. The sales person said he saw a gray TCH with cloth seats on the lot just 20 minutes earlier. We took the test drive and negotiated the price. During the paperwork phase of the purchase the sales person told us that he didn't realize it but the car was a dealer to dealer exchange. Once they realized this they had to quickly call the other dealer to tell them they just sold the car.

Fate works out well sometimes, I ended up with exactly the gray TCH I wanted!

Old 03-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Fabulous in Green

I have the magnetic gray, but I really wanted the Desert Sand. They had everything BUT They did have like 10,000 silver, which I hate, so I went to my 2nd choice.

Quick Reply: What color do you have and what color did you want

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands