What color do you have and what color did you want

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

Wanted anything but Black or Putrid Pearl. Got DSM. Delighted with it.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

Wanted Blue Ribbon Metallic & got it luckily through searching Dealer Inventory starting 6 weeks before my former lease was up...

Second choice would've been Barcelona Red - though was not locally available at my time of purchase nor was my third choice of Jasper Green.

Last edited by tjd24; 04-18-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

Since 'swvgings' brought this old post back, I thought it would be interesting to ask how people's preferences have changed after having their TCHs awhile, and seeing other colors on the road. In just three weeks, my TCH will be a year old.

I had wanted red and got gray (almost tied for red as my top preference last year). But now I'm glad that I didn't get red. The gray is still a great color, but it seems too drab sometimes and it seems like everyone in the world has a gray car.

It seems to me that overall Toyota could have given better (more sophisticated) color choices.

If I were to buy a TCH again, however, I'd order silver.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wanted the Barcelona Red and that's what I have.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:18 PM

Wanted black and got it

Old 04-17-2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by tjd24
.... Jasper Green which I've seen on SE/LE/XLE but not on a TCH...
To my knowledge, the Jasper Green is TCH specific, and not available on any other Toyota.

There is another green available on the other Camrys...It is called Aloe Green, and is not available on the TCH.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

Got Magnetic Gray and that's exactly what I wanted. Had to wait about two weeks for it to come in, and, unfortunately, I was overseas for work (Bangkok) when it did come in. But it was waiting when I got back and even though I was jet lagged, I was still excited to go pick it up.

I had a Galactic Grey 4Runner before the Camry and while I liked that color, I like the Magnetic Grey a little better.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tjd24
Wanted Blue Ribbon Metallic & got it luckily through searching Dealer Inventory starting 6 weeks before my former lease was up...

Second choice would've been Barcelona Red - though was not locally available at my time of purchase nor was my thurd choice of Jasper Green which I've seen on SE/LE/XLE but not on a TCH...
The green that you have seen on the SE/LE/XLE is Aloe Green and not available on the TCH. The Jasper Pearl is much lighter (more like a green apple) and available exclusively on the TCH. If people spot you, they know you are driving a hybrid

Last edited by gandyfire; 04-17-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

I actually wanted the Jasper Pearl Green but my dealer told me they weren't "Marketing" that color in the Pacific Northwest Region. So I went with Blue Ribbon MEtallic, and that's what I got!! I love it so far. The only drawback is it shows every little drop of dirt!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast

There was only one Camry Hybrid on the lot, and it was the fabulous Jaspar Pearl. People often stop me on the street and tell me what a beautiful color my car is. I beam with pride! It also looks fantastic in the garage next to my other car, an Iris (lavender) 1996 Chrysler Sebring convertible.

Quick Reply: What color do you have and what color did you want

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands