What color do you have and what color did you want

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 07:07 PM
joe540ci
Default Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

Hi TorontoTCH. I have desert sand mica (gold) and I really did not know what i wanted,It was the first available so I took It . Now that I have it I like It.How do you feel about having your gold tch.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

I wanted jasper pearl and I got it. Other women often tell me they love the color. Me usually say, "it sure is green."

Overeager in MD
JoAnn

Old 12-06-2006, 06:50 AM
TCH-Frosted Mink

Gold (Sandlewood) or any similiar colour is always MY 1st choice. All the others I owned were this colour.
My WIFE 1st choice is blue. The TCH Blue is the one she dreamed for so many years. So the TCH is her birthday gift so I promised her that it will be BLUE.
On my deal, I had Blue (1st), Gold (2nd), Jasper Green (3rd).
The 1st available Blue needs to wait 4 months ~ Jan07 (totally new order) while the Gold only needs to wait 4 weeks. From the dealer point, they want me to take the Gold. So they tried all possible ways to get me into it.

Finally, we took the Gold. My wife, of course wasn't happy at all. This unhappy feeling did not last long because if we wait for the Blue, it will be from US not Japan. She is a happy person now.

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
Hi TorontoTCH. I have desert sand mica (gold) and I really did not know what i wanted,It was the first available so I took It . Now that I have it I like It.How do you feel about having your gold tch.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: What color do you have and what color did you want

I wanted the Jasper Green, because it looked very nice on the Toyota website. The dealer happened to have one, so I went ahead and bought it. I had never seen the color in daylight, but went ahead and bought it anyway.

But now that I have it, I realized don't really like the color all that much. It's just way too green. It sticks out in a crowd like a sore thumb. Yesterday I drove it to work for the first time, and everyone on the freeway was staring at my car.

I guess I should have just gotten the black one. Well, too late now. Cant take it back. Anyone wants to trade?

Old 12-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marqarite
I wanted the Jasper Green, because it looked very nice on the Toyota website. The dealer happened to have one, so I went ahead and bought it. I had never seen the color in daylight, but went ahead and bought it anyway.

But now that I have it, I realized don't really like the color all that much. It's just way too green. It sticks out in a crowd like a sore thumb. Yesterday I drove it to work for the first time, and everyone on the freeway was staring at my car.

I guess I should have just gotten the black one. Well, too late now. Cant take it back. Anyone wants to trade?
They were staring at you because it is such a unique color! Remember it is only about 4% of the TCH population. I have JP also and love it! I'm always getting comments about what a pretty color it is! In my area it is the ONLY one so it's a good thing I'm a law-biding citizen!

You will find it won't show the dirt as much as any of the dark colors and for me that is a huge plus!

Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

It was funny to run into this post - I just joined as a member and was thinking I wonder how many of these owners received the car they wanted.

I originally wanted the dark (charcoal) grey camry hybrid (fully loaded) but there were none available in the entire state, and none in A or F-status production; so I negotiated with the dealer pretty low to get a good deal and settled on the red. It was my christmas present - so I call her little candy cane. But it definitely was not my first choice

Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wanted: Barcelona Red

But Got White, the only car on the lot that day but now I'm glad I got white. Love it.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting Question!

Wanted Black or Silver, but was going to try and swing a year-end deal for a Jasper Pearl that no one else seemed to want. Wound up with Black / grey leather interior.

Sweet car! Now I have to learn how to keep it clean.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Interesting Question!

Wanted Black or Silver, but was going to try and swing a year-end deal for a Jasper Pearl that no one else seemed to want. Wound up with Black / grey leather interior.

Sweet car! Now I have to learn how to keep it clean.
I have a black truck, and have come to love the grey color it is 98% of the time. The other 1% it is brown from the mud roads at the hunting fields. It gets a bath about 2 times a year, so I guess it is black about 1 % of the time also.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Enthusiast

Only wanted red, and got it. Now hoping that a possible urban myth about red vehicles getting bumped and scratched more than other cars is just that...just an old story, but not true.

Quick Reply: What color do you have and what color did you want

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands