Build Date?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Build Date; Ext. Warr

Is that website the one that is generally considered to be the best deal for Extended Warranties??

Old 06-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Build Date; Ext. Warr

Originally Posted by shoebox303
Is that website the one that is generally considered to be the best deal for Extended Warranties??
From what I gather from all of the comments I've read here, yes.

My dealer will meet the myhondawarranty prices. Plus the way my dealer (John Holtz Honda, Rochester NY) does it, if you never use the extended warranty, they refund the money at the end of the period.

Their usual price easily covers their costs in this scheme. I can do the same by paying an extra $140.00. So it is basically an insurance policy on top of an insurance policy. I will discuss with the wife as to whether I pay the extra $140.00 and possibly recoup everything years down the road, or throw that money away if I ever use the extended warranty.

So many decisions in life.

Mike

Old 06-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Build Date?

Yes. Them or Bernardi (at hondawarrantyinfo.com). Both appear to have great pricing and are for real. There are others, I'm sure, but those two seem to have taken the top spots.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

I picked up my Mag Pearl with Navi today. It had 11 miles on it.

So far it has been a lot of fun. The wife took it out as well. I even let me brand new 17yr son (turned 17 this past monday) take a drive in it. He is still on his permit. I should have been nervous, but my father always tossed us kids the cars keys after he bought a new car, and I felt that I should honor his spirit that way.

I'll report more on it over the next few days.

It was well worth the wait.

Mike

Old 08-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I didn't see the answer to the initial question that I was searching -- so I'll rephrase the question. I'm jealous that my car (apparently the brother to all you May build date Mag Pearl cars) and I'm wondering how long I can expect to wait. I've had an order since March 23 and still do not have the car!!! Yes, that's right - I'm wondering if it sank on the first container ship or someone else paid a premium for it and the dealer had to re-order one or something. I started looking elsewhere last weekend and within 3 days I had found 3 dealers within a day's drive who had one either on their lot or were expecting one within 5 days. I now have a deposit on one at Leesburg Honda (thanks, Sean) and am planning on buying that one this week and forgetting about my deposit at the local dealership.

Anyway, if my Build Date is June 17 and my VIN is JHMFA36216S025664 (Serial #256664) for my '06 Civic w/Nav in Mag Pearl then when can I expect this to arrive at the dealer? He is estimating "mid-August" now but I don't want to get to that day and have the dealer say, "Oh, it just got off the boat in Portland so it will be yet another week." That is why I'm deciding to go get one that is already on a lot nearby. If my Credit Union were open today then I would have driven out and picked it up today but now it will be sometime next week.

--Darren

Old 08-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I know the HCH2s that are purchase in California are built in Japan. And I believe ours arrive at port in San Francisco and are shipped down to Los Angeles. They might arrive at port here in LA.. I dunno..
So, if all of them arrive at port here in California, do they have to be trucked across the US?

Old 08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well my local dealer told me that the car will arrive at port in the West either in Portland or somewhere in CA and then it gets loaded onto a train for Chicago and then onto a car carrier to Pittsburgh. The thing is, I've discovered that once a Japan-built car gets a VIN it takes 30-45 days to arrive at the dealer and if that is true then my Build Date of 07/17 means it won't arrive until mid-August (like the dealer claims) but that is another two weeks away.

Last weekend I went on the prowl and found three Dealers within a day's drive who had the car available. I contacted one of them yesterday and received confirmation today that the car is still available and would be mine on Monday if I could fax back the Buyer's Agreement form with my signature. I'm still waiting for that fax to arrive so I'm hoping the car is still available and I can own one as soon as Monday night but I'm just waiting for a fax to arrive first.

But yes, the car gets a rail/truck ride across the States for those of us on the Eastern side of the country.