Build Date?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Build Date?

I'm waiting (im)patiently for my new HCH and called the dealer again today. I think everyone there knows me by first name now!

I was told that the car has a "Build Date" of 5/25. I was also told that they (the specific dealer) didn't have any further information.

So, based on your experience, when does the car get to IL? Any idea what that all means?

Old 06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Build Date?

I was told that mine was build on the 1st of this month (June '06) and *usually* takes 15-21 days to arrive at the dealer (in San Diego). Hopefully, mine will. I will have been waiting about 8 weeks by then since I reserved it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I can answer this but my information is a few months out of date (last August, actually). When I bought my car, the dealer told me it had been built in Japan the day before. It arrived in Illinois 16 days after I bought it, the dealer called me, and the next day I drove it home (they put in a CD player etc. at the dealership).

I think 'build date' is a bit like a birthday- the shiny new car is trundled off the line and onto a container ship bound for the US. Delivery was promised in 'about two weeks' and they were right. You seem to be more impatient than I was, so I hope you can take the strain and that your car comes soon. Can I inquire about your dealer? Where are you in Illinois? I went to Honda of Lisle, and I only have nice things to say about them.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Figure 3 weeks to ship the car to the U.S. (worst case) and 1 week to get to Illinois including clearing customs in Long Beach (or wherever they come in to the U.S.).

I would expect around the week of June 25. The dealer will want it then too so he can get maximum holdback and floorplan monies right at month's end!!

Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

My dealer is Bill Kay Honda in Bourbonnais, IL. They're about an hour north of me (Bloomington), but they were the only ones who could give me a specific time frame on the car that I wanted.

I sound impatient, yes, and I am a bit. But I have to say that Bill Kay Honda has been great. I'm just anxious and tired of riding my bike in the rain! In the sunk, I enjoy it immensely, but I digress.

Thanks for the info!

Old 06-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast

I had a build date of May 13. The dealer told me that the car would be in on June 13, Washington state. Actually it came in yesterday and I picked it up last night. I am very happy so far!!

Old 06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm not familiar with Bill Kay Honda, but I'm glad you're having a good experience with them. It's probably too far for you to go for regular maintenance, though, which is too bad. Either way, Three cheers for more hybrids in Illinois!

It's funny- I was buying my car not long before they announced the 06s, and my dealer actually had several '05 HCHs on the lot, just sitting there. I waited for the color I wanted to arrive from Japan but I didn't have to wait- maybe that's why I didn't feel impatient about it. It's easier if you have a choice.

mummydust- glad to hear that your one-day-old HCH is making you happy already! Good luck with the new hybrid, and welcome to the forum to you, too.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Hybrideriffic!

Originally Posted by mummydust
I had a build date of May 13. The dealer told me that the car would be in on June 13, Washington state. Actually it came in yesterday and I picked it up last night. I am very happy so far!!
Ditto here... Build date of 5-13-06, shipped to western WA state through the Port of Portland, arrived at my dealer (Lynnwood Honda) on 6-5-06, and I picked it up last night 6-7-06.

Have fun!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Energy Independence

I have been waiting for a long time now, and finally got news that mine was built on May 25. I just got a VIN number Wednesday. It's been container'd. I expect it to arive in mid-to-late June (in OK). Time to look for financing deals!

Old 06-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Gumby, maybe ours are in the same shipment! Mine's a Magnetic Pearl with Navi, too. I guess that doesn't really mean that they'll be manufactured or shipped together, but who knows...they could be twins!

I guess, bottom line, is that you can typically expect the car 3-5 weeks after the build date. Does that sound about right?

Quick Reply: Build Date?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands