Build Date?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Made in Japan

Made in Suzuka - but there is no telling where all the components are sourced. The key assembly ICE/IMA is definitely made in Japan

Old 06-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Build Date of 5/25?

Do those of you who also had the build date of 5/25 have your cars yet? If not, what have you heard about delivery dates?

My dealer told me that my car was built on 5/25, and they haven't been able to tell me a thing since! No VIN number, no delivery date (or even an estimate), nothing at all! What's the deal?

I call them about every 2-3 days. The last time I spoke with the salesman, he told me he'd start calling me to give me weekly updates. I guess they got tired of hearing from me!

Old 06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Build Date of 5/25?

Originally Posted by shoebox303
Do those of you who also had the build date of 5/25 have your cars yet? If not, what have you heard about delivery dates?

My dealer told me that my car was built on 5/25, and they haven't been able to tell me a thing since! No VIN number, no delivery date (or even an estimate), nothing at all! What's the deal?

I call them about every 2-3 days. The last time I spoke with the salesman, he told me he'd start calling me to give me weekly updates. I guess they got tired of hearing from me!
I was hoping to hear as well. Being in NY, I have to wait for the cross country delivery of the vehicle. I'll be on vacation Jul 5 - 12. So I don't expect to see it until afterwards.

Good luck,

Mike

Old 06-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Build Date?

Mine's in northern OK. Arrived last Thursday evening(June 22nd). They called me on Friday (June 23rd) to let me know, although I was calling them just about every day. I'll be picking it up this weekend. I've had a VIN # for quite a while, now.

I'd keep bugging them - every other day or so. A month is about right to start expecting it. They should certainly be able to give you the VIN # by now, unless it's still waiting to come off the ship in Calif.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The build date for mine was reportedly March 15th and I took delivery on April 8,9 or 10th. I'd have to check to be exact.

FYI- I check the lot at the dealer ( its only 5-10 minutes away on a normal driving route for me) and they had two hybrids fully prepped on the lot and one unprepped one as well. I was suprised actually. None were in the ready to take delivery zone.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Which dealer is that?

Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

John Eagle Honda in Houston. I went by Saturday and drove the lot.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast

My dealer (UK) said they don't have a firm date but are expecting it either last week in July or first/second of August. Since August is one of the two times a year when UK registration plates change I'm guessing it'll be August. There's also something to be said for getting an August plate when it comes to resale since getting a July plate might reduce potential resale value by six months.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wonders never cease. Yesterday, my dealer couldn't tell me my car's shipping date, VIN number, estimated arrival date, or anything. This morning, they called and said they were pulling it off the truck and onto their lot!

A bit confusing, yes, but I'm not complaining. Actually, I'm overjoyed! Talk to you guys later...I'm going to pick up my new car!!

Yeeeee-ha!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just got a call from my dealer. My Civic Hybrid Mag Pearl with Navi just came in. I am set to pick it up Friday at 3:00pm.

Told the dealer rep about MyHondaWarranty.com to see what they could do. My dealer was going to charge $795.00 (sale price) for the 60mo/60k $0ded plan. MyHondaWarranty has that for $380.00 I am considering the 96m/120k plan for $980.00.

I will post what happens of course.
And if Mickster sees this, I will post on the tax credit and how it ended up affecting the purchase price (no sales tax on the credit) that I reported when I first ordered the car, since we are both in NYS.

Can't wait for Friday.

Mike

Quick Reply: Build Date?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands