Build Date?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Build Date?

shoebox,
I bet they ARE twins! Did you get a VIN yet from your dealer? I have mine.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Nope, no VIN quite yet. I've asked for it, but, as good as the experience with my dealer has been, I get the feeling that they don't quite always have it completely together. There's a lot of "I'll check with John who can ask Bill because Jim is out today" kind of stuff. I feel like the salespeople aren't really kept in the loop, so to speak.

Nevertheless, no pin yet. Hopefully they'll get it soon.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Salesman-speak = Snake oil?

Gumby.

Do I detect another classic case of "salesman-speak"? Cars would weigh double if shipped in containers. They are driven from the factory on to special multi-decked car carrier ships to come by sea and then onward by train and truck to their final destinations. (as an aside, cars should be moved between dealers on flatbeds and not driven as some members have reported).

There are many examples on this website of "salesman-speak". They tell us anything that comes into their heads! When to change oil, how to break-in, how to do this and that. How could they know? In my view few of them have driven an HCHII, the cars fly off the sales forecourt and few dealers have demonstration models. I am also sure that few if any have read the manual. The assembled wisdom on this web is many times more knowledgable about the car! Keep reading..............and good luck. It is a wonderful car

PS When I did my acceptance drive the salesman was surprised when I did an Auto Stop. He had never seen it happen before!..............

Old 06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
shoebox,
I bet they ARE twins! Did you get a VIN yet from your dealer? I have mine.
Well we might have triplets. My Mag Pearl with Nav went into production last week of May. Talked with my sales rep today. A VIN number has been assigned and it likely shipped. Since it has to go all the way to western NY, I don't expect to see it before July, but end of June is a possibility.

Can hardly wait.

Mike

Old 06-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Energy Independence

Triplets, hmm? That's cool.

Mine's going to a dealer in Northern Oklahoma.
Checking with salesman there each day now - hoping for an update as to where it is. Unfortunately, there have been no updates about my car's whereabouts since June 2 (that's when they updated with a VIN#, and I think it was also reported as on a container ship). Maybe I'll know more tomorrow. If it gets to Kansas City (via rail) by tomorrow, then it might make it to the dealer by this weekend.
I'm hoping to drive up and pick it up this weekend or next. I can hardly wait any longer, either (been waiting since Jan 19th). The $1500 discount helps ease the pain of waiting, though.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast

So long as one gets sent to he UK sometime in the next couple of months I don't really care about you guys

Old 06-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Tell you what, I'll sell you mine the moment I get it for $30,000 plus shipping.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AndrueC
So long as one gets sent to he UK sometime in the next couple of months I don't really care about you guys
Andrue,

I sure hope you get it soon. And thanks for all your work as a Borland Team-Ber.

I should have mine in a few weeks and hope I love it as much as I do C++Builder (and have fewer problems with it of course).

Mike

Old 06-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shoebox303
Tell you what, I'll sell you mine the moment I get it for $30,000 plus shipping.
Nah - it'll be set up with an American soft suspension and the steering wheel on the wrong side. Be like driving a waterbed

Old 06-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FourSticks
Andrue,

I sure hope you get it soon. And thanks for all your work as a Borland Team-Ber.

I should have mine in a few weeks and hope I love it as much as I do C++Builder (and have fewer problems with it of course).

Mike
Lol! Actually I seem to recall that most of the car is built in the UK this time around and just the powertrain comes from Japan. I'm probably wrong though.

Quick Reply: Build Date?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands