Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

i live in the bay area too, and i had to wait 2-3 weeks for the fastrak transponder to come. i then took the physical copy of the receipt and then sent it off to the dmv for my stickers, which took another month to come.

didn't know you could send in the web receipt. anyway, just be patient. did you order a hybrid transponder, or a regular one (the hybrid one has a green dot on it. i dont know what it does). i have the hybrid transponder. not sure if it is any different.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Enthusiast

Myles, I'm not sure which transponder since at the time I ordered I didn't know about version for hybrids. (I believe that there is a special range of serial numbers on the hybrid transponders so that Fastrack can keep some stats). If they read my application, they'll see that my car is a Prius...but who knows what they'll send? I'm glad to hear about the blue dot.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

green dot for hybrid because it is an environmentally friendly car.

not blue. maybe blue could be for hydrogen-powered cars, since water is a byproduct.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyHiHy
Has anyone ACTUALLY put their stickers on magnets and 'stuck' them on their car? I'm curious if it really worked?

Please let me know ...

THanks, and happy hybriding!
DJ
i have mine on magnets, i just have one small sticker on the back of my car on the trunk lid, i used some self adhesive magnetic sheet and cut out the sticker from the sheet. I did not peal off the sticker and stick it to the magnet, i used the adhesive from the magnet and stuck it to the sticker. this way i can always use the sticker normally if i ever decide to do so. Got pulled over once so far, cop didnt even know what the stickers looked like, he went to the back of the car and looked at it, didnt say anything, and said hop right back into the carpool lane, told me that i might get pulled over some more since not all cops are aware of the stickers. so x-ing my fingers none of them will know you are suppose to have 4 on the car.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sounds pretty risky... as hybrids get more popular knowledge will increase. However, most of the new hybrids don't qualify for carpool lane privileges.

Originally Posted by infinkc
i have mine on magnets, i just have one small sticker on the back of my car on the trunk lid, i used some self adhesive magnetic sheet and cut out the sticker from the sheet. I did not peal off the sticker and stick it to the magnet, i used the adhesive from the magnet and stuck it to the sticker. this way i can always use the sticker normally if i ever decide to do so. Got pulled over once so far, cop didnt even know what the stickers looked like, he went to the back of the car and looked at it, didnt say anything, and said hop right back into the carpool lane, told me that i might get pulled over some more since not all cops are aware of the stickers. so x-ing my fingers none of them will know you are suppose to have 4 on the car.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

I finally got mine after forgetting the $8.00 check the first time. They look just ok, not pretty nor very ugly.

I am in LA visiting my wife so was using them in the carpool lanes. I figured out that i get higher mpg in the carpool lanes because I don't have to slow down and speed up due to traffic. I got 61.3 mpg yesterday after filling up and being mostly in carpool lanes.

Originally Posted by Lansing

Has anyone received or seen these stickers?

Any images?

Thanks,
Lansing

Old 10-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

What's the highest/most recent number, now?

Don

Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Enthusiast

I called the DMV and asked them how I could remove the stickers without damaging the paint. Their suggestion? Try warm soapy water-you know, like you wash the car with! I think I'm going to give the magnets a a try.

E

Old 10-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Stickers with magnets?

Who has done it? And, are they still in your pocession? I'm a little worried that the magnets will fly off during my commute ... please share what's happened with this. In real life, does it work?

I've bought a package of "Peel & Stick Magnets" from Kling. I trimmed the magnets to the correct shape and stuck my stickers to it using their adhesive. I haven't tried it yet, but I did all four pieces on ONE piece ... Three sheets left, anyone want to buy one?

Please share your magnet/sticker stories ...

Thanks,
DJ

Old 10-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Enthusiast

Check the quote below from INFINKC

Errol

"i have mine on magnets, i just have one small sticker on the back of my car on the trunk lid, i used some self adhesive magnetic sheet and cut out the sticker from the sheet. I did not peal off the sticker and stick it to the magnet, i used the adhesive from the magnet and stuck it to the sticker. this way i can always use the sticker normally if i ever decide to do so. Got pulled over once so far, cop didnt even know what the stickers looked like, he went to the back of the car and looked at it, didnt say anything, and said hop right back into the carpool lane, told me that i might get pulled over some more since not all cops are aware of the stickers. so x-ing my fingers none of them will know you are suppose to have 4 on the car."

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands