Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Sent the form with a check about 3 weeks ago, only to get it returned to me two weeks later saying that they needed a check for $8! Needless to say, I was angry and called them to explain that the check was in the envelope, but apparently someone lost it up in Sacramento. Hasn't been cashed yet, so I had to resend another $8 check with the form. That was last Friday so hopefully I'll have good news to report next week. What are the odds of them losing two of my checks? :-)

Old 06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Enthusiast

Still waiting on my sticker. I see they just cashed the check yesterday. Hopefully the car pool lane will be a reality now. Did anyone ever figure out how to put the stickers on without actually sticking them to the car.

put mine on a magnet, i used adhesive backed magnetic sheets, stuck the magnet to the sticker backing and cut it out, this way if i have to the sticker can always be pealed off the backing still and used normally. I only have ONE small sticker on the rear trunk lid next to the hybrid logo. Been a year no problems. Even been pulled over with it and the cop went to the back saw it was there and told me to get back in the carpool lane.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by infinkc
put mine on a magnet, i used adhesive backed magnetic sheets, stuck the magnet to the sticker backing and cut it out, this way if i have to the sticker can always be pealed off the backing still and used normally. I only have ONE small sticker on the rear trunk lid next to the hybrid logo. Been a year no problems. Even been pulled over with it and the cop went to the back saw it was there and told me to get back in the carpool lane.
Just got my stickers the other day. Where did you get the magnets I'm interested in trying something? I just feel funky about putting stickers on my car. I already drive my XB with an advertisement on it. Hoping to have one car to myself without any extras.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I still use only 2 in the rear with magnets, every friday & sunday no problems.
I use a small one on the decklid, & a big one on the right 1/4 panel.
I remove them when I get to my destination to keep them from getting stolen that week. Works good.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Enthusiast

Finally received our California HOV stickers (#664XX), less than 8,600 left to go. Bought the car at the end of May, waited for our plates and then sent in the application about two weeks ago.

Does anyone is Southern California know if it qualifies for the 3 or more lane for the Fast Trak on the 91 FWY?

Thanks,

Old 07-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've driven in a few 3 or more HOV lanes (10 Freeway, etc), but don't know if we're golden for the Fastrack...

Lansing

Old 08-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

Date issued 7/28/06
Cert # 689**

Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Enthusiast

I plotted the CA HOV Stickers with a projection to 9/15:
http://starengine.com/ca_hov_nos.png

Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robert_cal
I plotted the CA HOV Stickers with a projection to 9/15:
http://starengine.com/ca_hov_nos.png
Interesting. In the news last week here in southern california, they said there were only 800 stickers left. Reissuance, or continued issuance would be predicated on a study of the impact hybrids are having in HOV lanes.

Does anyone know really what 'next steps' and timing could be?

I'm wondering if this means that other hybrid users are cutoff and that the carpool lane will not get more congested (from hybrids). It could also mean my HCH with sticker could be worth a little more!!!

Thanks,
Lansing

Old 08-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lansing
Interesting. In the news last week here in southern california, they said there were only 800 stickers left. Reissuance, or continued issuance would be predicated on a study of the impact hybrids are having in HOV lanes.

Does anyone know really what 'next steps' and timing could be?

I'm wondering if this means that other hybrid users are cutoff and that the carpool lane will not get more congested (from hybrids). It could also mean my HCH with sticker could be worth a little more!!!

Thanks,
Lansing
Since the application for these stickers requires a License number, you would need to have your plates before you can apply for them. I included a copy of my Registration when I applied for mine just to be on the safe side. We received both sets (for my wife's Prius and my Civic) within 3 weeks of mailing DMV the application with the the requisite $8.00 check)

By the way the dealers charged us for electronic filing and we got my plates less than a month after we took delivery of our cars. For those that are just buying this might be worth the extra $28.00.

While we bought our cars four fuel efficiency and environmental concerns, the tax credit and the HOV stickers also were a huge plus. Just think about it the Prius reached 60,000 unit in June so whoever bought after June will not get the entire credit. The Civic only has 50,000 slated for production in 2006 so you can still avail of the full tax credit. More reason to buy the Civic!!!

Once the 75K stickers are exhausted, and the goverment decides not to issue anymore, this would make cars with these stickers more valuable.

I wonder if the above has anything to do with the 3-4K mark up over MSRP that dealers are demanding for the Civic Hybrid.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands